post your musical skills here

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

duragezic

Lifer
Oct 11, 1999
Electric guitar for about two years. I don't play it too often anymore so I'm not very good.

GeekDrew

Diamond Member
Jun 7, 2000
I'm only a sophmore in HS, and I wish that I played an instrument. 5 years ago, I started playing the drum in a school music class, but my **** percussion kit was crap and broke 5 times during 1 year (and no, I, nor my instructor, thought that it was because of anyone using it wrong)!!! I am always drumming my hands and tapping my feet to the beat of whatever music I'm listening to.
I wanted to stay involved in the band, but Mom made me quit after the first year. So now, I go wherever the music department goes and I take video recordings and digital pictures.
I was the sound/special effects technician last year for the school's production of The Sound of Music. You should've been on the catwalk...drumming my hands on my laptop computer (it's great to have the sound effects digitally mastered) and everything. On the other hand, it drives other people nuts when I drum my hands to the beat of the music (especially on the top of a grand piano).

Oh well, I've gone on too long and probably am not making any sense.
You can check out my school's music department here, if you want.
Fairfield Union High School

Later, ST

DirkBelig

Banned
Oct 15, 1999
I play guitar and sing live and play everything (drum machine by hand, no loops, bass and guitar) when doing demos. Check out the links on my sig and hear if I'm any good.;)

Chooie

Platinum Member
Nov 8, 1999
Man, I can't believe I missed this thread. I've been playing all variations of saxophone for 11 years now, and can get by on clarinet, trumpet, baritone, and bass guitar. I've marched through Epcot Center and I played for the President. I have never been paid for a performance, yet I love it like no other. I'm sure there are others that share my views :)

Isla

Elite member
Sep 12, 2000
Hello, fellow band nerds.... You all should have kept bumping this. Some of us don't check in every single day, you know! ;) I missed this thread, too.

Piano
Voice
Flute, but I never got good enough for open hole