Post the milestones here!

Page 91 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

TennesseeTony

Elite Member
Aug 2, 2003
www.google.com
Seeing that StefanR5R made 10M in Universe, I looked and saw I was really close to 10M myself, so I set my Linux boxes to Uni and likewise have surpassed 10M. I have been dying to run Universe again ever since my Linux conversion(s) from the Folding race in December, and am shocked to see I'm earning nearly 500,000 points per day, with only 3/5ths of the fleet. :D Linux indeed rules in Universe.

BUT, my primary reason for posting is that, for the limited time (maybe seven days?) that I ran RakeSearch, I am credited with finding 73 Pairs of orthogonal diagonal Latin squares. Is that a lot? I got a BOINC message from RakeSearch saying "...10 days of April (from 15 up to 25) a new 375 results with ODLS pairs were found by project participants...." So if I got 73 of the 375.....kinda cool, eh? :)

zzuupp

Lifer
Jul 6, 2008
Seeing that StefanR5R made 10M in Universe, I looked and saw I was really close to 10M myself, so I set my Linux boxes to Uni and likewise have surpassed 10M. I have been dying to run Universe again ever since my Linux conversion(s) from the Folding race in December, and am shocked to see I'm earning nearly 500,000 points per day, with only 3/5ths of the fleet. :D Linux indeed rules in Universe.

BUT, my primary reason for posting is that, for the limited time (maybe seven days?) that I ran RakeSearch, I am credited with finding 73 Pairs of orthogonal diagonal Latin squares. Is that a lot? I got a BOINC message from RakeSearch saying "...10 days of April (from 15 up to 25) a new 375 results with ODLS pairs were found by project participants...." So if I got 73 of the 375.....kinda cool, eh? :)

73 pairs found in a week is currently a lot. Once in a blue moon the admins mention that the project is hitting a sweet spot.

Currently, I'm getting <1 / day with a RAC of 400K.
In November & December, I went from the 100 to the 1K found badge.

Reactions: TennesseeTony

petrusbroder

Elite Member
Nov 28, 2004
Not much of an milestone in it self, but the time it took ...
1.45 million points i Amicable numbers in less than 24 hours ...
2.2 million in 26 hours ... <petrus shakes his head> when seti@home was young a hundred points/day was a milestone ...

Last edited:

petrusbroder

Elite Member
Nov 28, 2004
Just passed 200 M in Folding@Home.
Started folding end November with 65M points.
I want to thank StefanR5R for the gift of the GPU and MarkFW for the gift of one GPU and a good price on the an other one.
Without those GPUs it would have taken much, much longer - more than 960 days or 2,5 years and much more electrical power! Thanks!

Howdy

Nov 12, 2017
Thank you for the notice, BUT there is a MUCH MUCH BIGGER milestone to celebrate!!!!

zzuupp has hit the 1B club!!!!! And it is ADT!!!! I have been watching since I noticed he was so so close to reaching it!!!! Another Billionaire on the TeAm, Congrats on this (IMO) big milestone.

zzuupp

Lifer
Jul 6, 2008
Thank you for the notice, BUT there is a MUCH MUCH BIGGER milestone to celebrate!!!!

zzuupp has hit the 1B club!!!!! And it is ADT!!!! I have been watching since I noticed he was so so close to reaching it!!!! Another Billionaire on the TeAm, Congrats on this (IMO) big milestone.

Thank you, sir. I don't like tooting my own horn. However, I'll make an exception

TOOT