Post the milestones here!

Page 86 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

TennesseeTony

Elite Member
Aug 2, 2003
www.google.com
Great start on WCG Mark, very low scoring project, so 1M is impressive for just a couple of months!

I had been running WCG, DENIS, Asteroids, POGS, and LHC/Leiden on my boxes, with TN-Grid grabbing a few tasks here and there as well, just trying to get them all up to the next milestones. But I got bored with the slow climb, and put all machines on POGS for a bit. I'll be crossing 7M, and taking 1st place on the TeAm sometime tomorrow, with a goal of 10,000,000.

POGS seems to be paying a bit better than I remember, I'm getting about 190k per day. Once I hit 10M sometime near the middle of this month, I'll go back and pick one of the other projects listed above, until I get them all moved up a notch.

On the GPU side, I've been running Milkyway and GPUgrid. GPUgrid task availability is sometimes sporadic, so I bumped up PrimeGrid recently to 100M to get some extra heat.

And in Milkyway I finally took 1st place for the TeAm as well, and have stopped at 350M. But I also have had enough GPUgrid tasks to move that project to 350M also. I was kinda sad though, I had JUST hit 350M in MW, then here comes GPUgrid zipping by at Warp 6 a day later. :D

I am moving the AMD cards to Einstein, and keeping the Nvidia cards on GPUgrid. I'm pretty far down the list on Einstein (13), not sure if I'll bump to just 30M (so I can be top 10 on TeAm) or go more long term and aim for 50M+, but I'm running out of cool weather rather quickly. :)

Summary:
  • 7M POGS (tomorrow), TeAm rank: 1
  • 100M PrimeGrid, TeAm rank: 6
  • 350M Milkyway, TeAm rank: 1
  • 350M GPUGrid, TeAm rank: 4

Last edited:

Smoke

Distributed Computing Elite Member
Jan 3, 2001
Our forums always get tons of SPAM. Lately we have even had our share here in the DC Forum which is unusual.

Some of you may have seen one or more of them but you would have had to be quick because PULL - BANG - SMOKE! Another Milestone, of sorts, for your moderator. ;)

On a more serious note, you may have noticed that this thread is not "nailed" or "stuck" to the top of our forum. After collaboration with petrusbroder, it was decided to let the thread rise and fall on its own. It has be "unstuck" for a week or two and I'd like to get some feedback on whether we should "restick" it or leave it as it is.

This thread is one of our longest lived threads (you all do remember the all time record, don't you?) but unless we either get more participation, the thread will sink into oblivion. Or we could just "restick" it? What do you think? When the thread was "pinned" it had not been used as much as it should. We all get milestones. Let's be proud about them.

An even better idea IMHO would be for all of us to be on the lookout for our teammate's milestones and create a "shout out" for them. It is far better to give than to receive. (Where did I hear that?) :)

Reactions: petrusbroder

petrusbroder

Elite Member
Nov 28, 2004
I like Smoke's idea about posting team mate's milestones - and it has been done before in this thread. We should continue that.
I also like the thread being "unstuck" because, when ever somebody posts his/her own or a team mate's milestone, the thread will go to the top and then we all know that somebody has produced ...

Oh, BTW, I've passed 200K in DENIS@Home, have the highest production in the TeAm. It is a medium high points project ...
TeAm Anandtech is 18th in production, and 48th in points ...

TennesseeTony

Elite Member
Aug 2, 2003
www.google.com
Would the barbecue thread be the longest lived? :D I was a little shocked by the change to the thread, but certainly agree it's better to make note of other's accomplishments than to toot your own horn. I don't believe the thread will ever disappear though. :)

Smoke

Jan 3, 2001
Oh, BTW, I've passed 200K in DENIS@Home, have the highest production in the TeAm. It is a medium high points project ...
TeAm Anandtech is 18th in production, and 48th in points ...

Here you go Peter ... take this turkey :chickenleg: leg and have a beer along with it. :beermug::)

This :beermug: is for the 2nd "K".

I just cheer you on with my :coffee: cup of joe.

Reactions: petrusbroder

Smoke

Jan 3, 2001
"10esseeTony about half a day ago, xii5ku just now."

Way to go TeAm! Way to go TeAm Mates. :beercheers:

Way to go StephenR5R! :wineglass:

StefanR5R

Elite Member
Dec 10, 2016
GLeeM reached 100,000,000 points at Moo! Wrapper yesterday. Congratulations!
favicon.ico