Post the milestones here!

Page 60 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Sunny129

Diamond Member
Nov 14, 2000
congrats Peter! :thumbsup:

on a side note, in a recent effort to deplete my work buffer of long-running tasks in anticipation of a non-DC GPU project i'll be starting very soon, my GPUs ran out of work long before my CPUs did (in fact i'm still haven't crunched through all the CPU tasks)...so to keep my GPUs busy in the mean time, i put them on MW@H, which has short-running GPU tasks, and thus it only takes me an hour or so to crunch through a full MW@H work buffer. after quite a few days of crunching MW@H on 4 7970s, i'm officially the 6th highest producer world wide with respect to PPD, and my two hosts are ranked 10th and 12th world wide with respect to PPD!

Sunny129

Diamond Member
Nov 14, 2000
the TeAm's top spot for the Milkyway@Home project is now mine!...if only for a brief while, as my goal is to hit the 300 million mark (which is another milestone that's just around the corner) before switching my GPUs to something else for a while.

Assimilator1

Elite Member
Nov 4, 1999
congrats Peter! :thumbsup:

on a side note, in a recent effort to deplete my work buffer of long-running tasks in anticipation of a non-DC GPU project i'll be starting very soon, my GPUs ran out of work long before my CPUs did (in fact i'm still haven't crunched through all the CPU tasks)...so to keep my GPUs busy in the mean time, i put them on MW@H, which has short-running GPU tasks, and thus it only takes me an hour or so to crunch through a full MW@H work buffer. after quite a few days of crunching MW@H on 4 7970s, i'm officially the 6th highest producer world wide with respect to PPD, and my two hosts are ranked 10th and 12th world wide with respect to PPD!
Yea I've seen your output climb to insane levels! 1mill ppd :D
Congrats on being top dog! :cool:

Btw you're now 5th in the world on ppd & very close to 4th!

Last edited:

Sunny129

Diamond Member
Nov 14, 2000
Btw I take it your successfully running MilkyWay@Home v1.02 (opencl_amd_ati) WUs on your 7900s?
yes, i'm having no problems with those WUs on either of my dual 7970 machines. well actually, i'd be lying if i said i don't get errors or invalids, but they're so few and far between that even my combined error and invalid rate is well below 1%.

GLeeM

Elite Member
Apr 2, 2004
Finally got 5,000,000 points in NumberFields@Home :)

That's my highest CPU only project. It is high paying, but still took a long time!

On to something else, maybe Asteroids (even higher paying) or maybe one of the low paying BOINC Formula projects for a little bit?

petrusbroder

Elite Member
Nov 28, 2004
25 million credits in Einstein@Home.
That was the second DC-project I crunched - after more then 4 years of Seti@Home alone. And that is when I started using more than 2 computers ...