Post the milestones here!

Page 50 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

kb3edk

Jul 11, 2004
:thumbsup:

Also in the news - Petrusbroder passed 60M in Milkyway@Home - Congrats!

Edit:
MORE!

Primegrid:
kb3edk passed 300,000
geecee passed 500,000

Thanks for the congrats wayliff, also I hit 20 million combined BOINC the other day.

Distributed computing home-heating season is in full swing here so I should be chucking out 100K+ ppd on combined BOINC for the TeAm for a couple months at least :cool:

Sunny129

Diamond Member
Nov 14, 2000
Distributed computing home-heating season is in full swing here so I should be chucking out 100K+ ppd on combined BOINC for the TeAm for a couple months at least :cool:
...and here i am doing just the opposite down here in FL - despite it being winter, i still have to run the A/C to keep it from getting to hot most of the time. fortunately we've got a cold front right now, so the windows are open. i've only got ~1,300 sq. ft. and 8-ft. ceilings everywhere, so when i open the windows (which all face either north or south) on a day w/ a cool northern or southern breeze, all the air inside gets displaced in what seems like an instant. it happens to be an incredibly efficient and cost-effective way to keep 3 machines sufficiently cool as they churn out ~600K PPD. when the summer comes i may have to cut back my PPD to offset the cost of running the A/C full-time again...then again maybe not. i guess i'll cross that bridge when i come to it...

btw, congrats on the milestones :thumbsup:

Fullmetal Chocobo

Moderator<br>Distributed Computing
May 13, 2003
Not technically a TeAm mate (yet-but give her time), but this was a major accomplishment for my little sister. Shianne Sander, of the little Germanic town of Serbin (near Giddings, TX) took up a challenge by the school, and memorized 198 digits of PI. And there are no cue cards or anything else from which she is working -- just pure memory. I actually asked her what method she was using to do this, and she (answering honestly) said she wasn't using one, she just does it. Given the projects and all for PI on here, I figured this was rather appropriate, and I finally found video of her doing this.

http://www.digitalportfolios.org/video/Shianne_Sander.mp4 -- hosted by me
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=3716145400863 -- original (FaceBook) post

I thought ya'll might enjoy this. :) Also considering doing a new thread, but I think the accomplishments thread works quite well for this.

petrusbroder

Elite Member
Nov 28, 2004
Congrats Uppsala9496, well done!

Congrats also to Shianne Sander, for her accomplishemnt - that is awesome! :)

EagleKeeper

Discussion Club Moderator<br>Elite Member
Staff member
Oct 30, 2000
Noticed that my lappy shows crossing the 250K mark on WCG.

biodoc

Diamond Member
Dec 29, 2005
Wow, 225 Million! WTG Sunny129! :thumbsup:

Congrats on the WCG milestone EagleKeeper! :thumbsup:

EagleKeeper

Discussion Club Moderator<br>Elite Member
Staff member
Oct 30, 2000
Wow, 225 Million! WTG Sunny129! :thumbsup:

Congrats on the WCG milestone EagleKeeper! :thumbsup:
thanks guys!

...and congrats EagleKeeper :)

Regretfully, the lappy is the only one doing work at this point.

Another system had to be shut down because of an unexpected inground indoor swimming pool at home:|

Will take a month or two for the "redecoration" to be completed and up to code :p

Sunny129

Diamond Member
Nov 14, 2000
moved up to 7th place overall in the TeAm rankings today :cool:...i remember the days when i could only dream of being in the top 10