Post retarded things that Your family members believe in.

Ciber

Platinum Member
Nov 20, 2000
My cousin was giving me a ride home the other day, when i noticed he wasnt wearing his seat belt. I asked why he doesnt wear it and he said "Sometimes i forget, besides when god says it's your time to go you're going regardless of seat belts etc, when your times up, it's up" So i replied "Wanna go buy a gun and then you can play russian roulette? I mean if todays not your day then you wont die right? I got a better idea lets go to my buildings rooftop and you can jump" He just stared at me with this dumb look.

A lot of people in my family think this way and because of it either dont wear seatbelts, helmets etc.

How about you?

notfred

Lifer
Feb 12, 2001
Assembling a PC is some kind of super technical task that requires intelligence greater than that of a monkey.

Guacamole doesn't taste good.

Actually, most of the retarded things I hear are on this board. Stuff like "it's illegal for a woman to give a man a massage". I try to avoid idiots, so I know less of them in real life.

Feldenak

Lifer
Jan 31, 2003
Originally posted by: Ciber
My cousin was giving me a ride home the other day, when i noticed he wasnt wearing his seat belt. I asked why he doesnt wear it and he said "Sometimes i forget, besides when god says it's your time to go you're going regardless of seat belts etc, when your times up, it's up" So i replied "Wanna go buy a gun and then you can play russian roulette? I mean if todays not your day then you wont die right? I got a better idea lets go to my buildings rooftop and you can jump" He just stared at me with this dumb look.

A lot of people in my family think this way and because of it either dont wear seatbelts, helmets etc.

How about you?

Well, I kinda agree with them. I wear my seatbelt and all but when your number's up, say goodbye. I don't really worry about death, it'll find me soon enough.

RalphKramden

Banned
Apr 8, 2003
Originally posted by: notfred
Actually, most of the retarded things I hear are on this board. Stuff like "it's illegal for a woman to give a man a massage". I try to avoid idiots, so I know less of them in real life.
It is illegal to give a happy ending you know.

styrafoam

Platinum Member
Jun 18, 2002
My brother's girlfriend is from Venezuela and among the many superstitous thing she believes is the fact that you can get pregnant from a toilet seat. She refuses to use any bathroom except the one in her own home. Her cousin was impregnanted by a toilet, hence her belief.

Ciber

Platinum Member
Nov 20, 2000
Originally posted by: Feldenak

How about you?

Well, I kinda agree with them. I wear my seatbelt and all but when your number's up, say goodbye. I don't really worry about death, it'll find me soon enough.

You're all nuts :p. No way i'm gonna put myself in danger just because of some imaginary clock.

her209

No Lifer
Oct 11, 2000
Originally posted by: styrafoam
My brother's girlfriend is from Venezuela and among the many superstitous thing she believes is the fact that you can get pregnant from a toilet seat. She refuses to use any bathroom except the one in her own home. Her cousin was impregnanted by a toilet, hence her belief.
So who's the father?

Ciber

Platinum Member
Nov 20, 2000

Haha...... I'm Hispanic.......You dont know wanna know the retarded crap i've had to listen to. Specially from the older family members and friends of the family.....

My grandfather used to always drag me along when he played dominoes because i was supposedly a good luck charm. He even asked me for numbers when he wanted to play the lotto........

kermalou

Diamond Member
Jun 22, 2001
Originally posted by: her209
So who's the father?

some John

kermalou

Diamond Member
Jun 22, 2001
middle eastern, so we have a lot of beliefs, the mohter of all is the...

EVIL EYE. never ever complement someone about anything.....never ever...there are people that are known to have the evil eye, sort of like a witch doctor. then there are the counter measures to the evil eye, like biting the area between your thumb and index finger, knocking on wood and stuff......some vooodooo sh!t

chiwawa626

Lifer
Aug 15, 2000
Somethin like dont buy shoes on saturday, and no haircuts on sunday, and when someone does get a haircut its goodluck to rub or slap their head....weird stuff i tell you, if i followed it i would never have get to shop cuz im free only on the weekends.

My grandma says all kinds of weird stuff, same with grandpa, their from a small villige in india and their freakin out here.

Skyclad1uhm1

Lifer
Aug 10, 2001
Some of my family members have the vague illusion that I actually want to have contact with them.
Don't they get it that, if someone doesn't even call you once a year, that person might not be interested in seeing you?

pyonir

Lifer
Dec 18, 2001
Originally posted by: Skyclad1uhm1
Some of my family members have the vague illusion that I actually want to have contact with them.
Don't they get it that, if someone doesn't even call you once a year, that person might not be interested in seeing you?

Didn't stop Luvya from calling his cousin.....

RalphKramden

Banned
Apr 8, 2003
Originally posted by: kermalou
So who's the father?

some John
Very good. I commend you for that quick wit. LOL

Ameesh

Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
Originally posted by: pyonir
Originally posted by: Skyclad1uhm1

Didn't stop Luvya from calling his cousin.....

hahahahahaha

illusion88

Lifer
Oct 2, 2001
Originally posted by: Feldenak

How about you?

Almost as bad as folks who say that they are better off without the belt. Thinking that they are going to be ejected to safety! Just recently Marine got a call where a guy was nearly chopped in half because he was ejected into the windshield but got caught, and when he flew backwards the glass nearly cut him in half. I have seen pictures of people almost losing their heads because of that same effect. Morons.... every single one of them.

XMan

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
My grandma believes Batboy is serving with the U.S. Marines in Iraq.

bolomite

Diamond Member
Oct 12, 2000
A cousin of mine thinks that if you combine hot water with ice water and drink it, that it has some sort of beneficial health effect.

Ciber

Platinum Member
Nov 20, 2000
Originally posted by: bolomite
A cousin of mine thinks that if you combine hot water with ice water and drink it, that it has some sort of beneficial health effect.

I think that one deserves to be in the top 10....

AvesPKS

Diamond Member
Apr 21, 2000
Originally posted by: RalphKramden

Hey, it's a muscle...;)

illusion88

Lifer
Oct 2, 2001
Originally posted by: AvesPKS
Originally posted by: RalphKramden

Hey, it's a muscle...;)

lol

EDIT: About the "illegal massage" deal, I wouldnt doubt that somewhere there is some blue law about that.

TommyVercetti

Diamond Member
Jan 4, 2003
middle eastern, so we have a lot of beliefs, the mohter of all is the... EVIL EYE. never ever complement someone about anything.....never ever...there are people that are known to have the evil eye, sort of like a witch doctor. then there are the counter measures to the evil eye, like biting the area between your thumb and index finger, knocking on wood and stuff......some vooodooo sh!t

The EVIL EYE is a reality. Jealous people have them. They unknowingly wish bad things upon you, and those come true.

amnesiac

Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
So who's the father?

some John

BRA-VO, kermalou, BRAVO. :)

/me cues rimshot