Post Pictures of your Screen BlackLight

UaVaj

Golden Member
Nov 16, 2012
since there is no "standard" information regarding blacklight bleed and/or ips glow.

if everyone can post up picture of their screen. with all the samples in one thread. hopefully we all call can colletively come to a conclusion of: what is good, what fair/acceptable, and what is poor.

if there are any experts here that can explain what exactly causes these phenonemons - that will be a bonus.

this is what i use to get a true black blackground.
UDPixel
http://udpix.free.fr/

-----

here are my 3 asus vs239h-p i just got for xmas.
brightness 100. contrast. 80. dark room.

1308441_zps41b8a57a.jpg

xxxxx2_zps70e9d46a.jpg

1308821_zps22390c24.jpg

Last edited:

DSF

Diamond Member
Oct 6, 2007
With ambient light levels and camera settings being different for every single person I think this thread is going to have a hard time creating meaningful data.

Saffron

Nov 16, 2012
I think some useful data can be presented from this thread, though, I do agree that light levels and camera settings can skew results to the non-accurate. Needless to say at least some data produced would be useful.

Some sort of control needs to be in place:
- Pictures should only be taken on 8MP or above cameras
-All pictures taken need to be at night with lights off, doors closed and windows blinds fully closed (where applies)
-All cameras should be set in daylight mode
-All cameras flash setting needs to be off
-Angles of the taken pictures need to be as close to the same as possible (Straight, 45 degrees from the left, right, top and bottom)
-Electrical tape should be placed over the Power Light (The brightness of the LED can affect the brightness of the taken picture)

UaVaj

Golden Member
Nov 16, 2012
it is worth a try. since there is reallie nothing to compare to on the internet.

as long as the photo represent what the naked eyes see (photographer do your due diligence). it will be a fair comparison.

as for my photo. they exactly are what the naked eye sees. no exaggeration.

Avalon

Diamond Member
Jul 16, 2001
Brightness of 100 (max), or brightness of 100 nits? Because there is no way I'd run my screen above the 40 setting.

lehtv

Elite Member
Dec 8, 2010
Could you post a direct download link in the OP for that? I'll edit this post later with a picture of my monitor

hjalti8

Apr 9, 2012
it is worth a try. since there is reallie nothing to compare to on the internet.

as long as the photo represent what the naked eyes see (photographer do your due diligence). it will be a fair comparison.

as for my photo. they exactly are what the naked eye sees. no exaggeration.

I think this thread is a great idea. Even though these pictures will be far from 100% accurate they could give us a rough idea which manufacturer makes the best backlighting(when you compare the same panel tech). IMO this is really important due to all the edge-lit monitors out there.

I will edit this post with pics when I get my hands on a decent camera.