Post-election political events prediction thread

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

soundforbjt

Lifer
Feb 15, 2002
1. Millions will lose healthcare.
2. Entitlements will be cut.
3. Military budget will skyrocket.
4. Deficit will skyrocket from tax cuts
5. Factories that left will not come back
6. Rich people and Corps will make out like bandits as usual.
7. Regulations cut will ruin any gains made in Climate change.

[DHT]Osiris

Lifer
Dec 15, 2015
I personally predict he'll abolish the war on drugs. It's kind of a long time coming, and it'll be presented as a cost center that doesn't need to exist anymore, relic of 'the old days', etc. The funds from that will help to fund whatever goofy shit he comes up with (space walls to keep out aliens?)

HamburgerBoy

Lifer
Apr 12, 2004
I personally predict he'll abolish the war on drugs. It's kind of a long time coming, and it'll be presented as a cost center that doesn't need to exist anymore, relic of 'the old days', etc. The funds from that will help to fund whatever goofy shit he comes up with (space walls to keep out aliens?)

I think the Repubs will give him a bit of a leash, but not that much of one.

Pens1566

Lifer
Oct 11, 2005
1. Millions will lose healthcare.
2. Entitlements will be cut.
3. Military budget will skyrocket.
4. Deficit will skyrocket from tax cuts
5. Factories that left will not come back
6. Rich people and Corps will make out like bandits as usual.
7. Regulations cut will ruin any gains made in Climate change.

Pretty good list. I'd add:

8. Tested/pushed very early in some way internationally by one of Russia/China/Iran/NK

DAPUNISHER

Super Moderator CPU Forum Mod and Elite Member
Super Moderator
Aug 22, 2001
I think the Repubs will give him a bit of a leash, but not that much of one.
What election did you just watch? He mauled them, and now when he growls they run to get the scooby snacks. He won in spite of the party, not with its help or blessing. They have to be as worried as the dems right now. He does not need them the way a POTUS usually needs their party. They will fall into line behind him as long as he enjoys the support of so many voters. To do otherwise will be damned risky to their careers.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
I predict Trump will say the following at some point in his presidency:

After that, we won't have to worry about elections again.

What, wait.... you actually believe he is going to build a wall?!!! BUWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

OH! I preserved some pre-hijacked bshole posts from before he went total batshit. Current account owner went through a lot of history deleting a lot of pre-batshit posts (look at his Foxconn thread), but these were missed.

Hello bshole, man--just look at yourself now! :D

Reactions: Fanatical Meat

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
So far what we have seen is a 3 year crime wave.............................while President, the latest in a long worthless criminal life. How fitting for a narcissist to become the MOST despised.

Indus

Diamond Member
May 11, 2002
So far what we have seen is a 3 year crime wave.............................while President, the latest in a long worthless criminal life. How fitting for a narcissist to become the MOST despised.

Who the fuck thought it was a good idea to make a failed real estate guy the leader of the free world?

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Who the fuck thought it was a good idea to make a failed real estate guy the leader of the free world?
Millions of people who feel they are as big of failures as he is and hope to bask in his level of narcissistic denial. That's what altered reality is for, MEGA imagination and pseudo self importance. Jesus could only help the meek, not the arrogant entitled, self important, thrown-to-the-ground-from-their-white-horses-broken, who hit a bump in the road, those born so deep is cultural darkness they had no idea what had happened to them. We were unprepared and ill equipped for struggle in a world full of people who will spend a day sifting if a bag of rice falls off an aid truck into the desert sand. But they will rage day and night that such aid was given in their name.

Ungrateful swine is the term many use to describe them. But they weren't born that way. They were American made.

Indus

Diamond Member
May 11, 2002
Still winning, but i'm not tired of it yet. Maybe after Trump wins the impeachment conviction vote in the Senate i'll be a bit tired of winning.

I wanna know who pays you and slow to post this garbage.

I need a paycheck so help me out, thx!