Post a new food you've tried recently

pontifex

Lifer
Dec 5, 2000
I just had some Pad Thai. It was instant Pad Thai, but I thought it was really good! kind of sweet and spicy - very spicy! wow, my mouth is still burning!

HN

Diamond Member
Jan 19, 2001
Had spanish blood sausage over the holidays. good stuff.

PhoenixOrion

Diamond Member
May 4, 2004
These 'fast food' mexican grills are supposed to be the trend at the moment. I was curious between Qdoba Grill versus Moe's Southwest Grill.

The marinated chicken burrito came out better from Moe's.

Qdoba used ordinary white rice. Their pinto beans was not as good as Moe's. The marinated chicken tasted about the same. Not much of a difference in the taste and texture of the fajita wrap that was used. The sauces tasted better at Moe's...maybe the Qdoba was a little on the acidic side coz I don't any hint of sourness.

cecco

Jan 27, 2005
Sushi

I've been eating it occasionally for over a month now. Great taste and nice variety to choose from, and a welcomed change from the usual diet.

whylaff

Oct 31, 2007
Raw Oysters. Good stuff. Gotta chew.

edit: they were chesapeake bay oysters if anyone cares

akshatp

Diamond Member
Oct 15, 1999
Just tried fried calamari for the first time recently... Was unexpectedly delicious!

waffleironhead

Diamond Member
Aug 10, 2005
I just got back from iceland. Went there for first two weeks of the year. anyway....

First time ever eating.

Lamb meat.... real tasty
skyr...icelandic cheese product. Real nice, kinda like yougurt in taste and constincy.
some sorta sour milk product...they eat for breakfast. Imagine taking a bowl of runny sour cream and then covering it with heaps of brown sugar and then some muslix..Definitly not for me.

i avoided the

Svid ('Burned' Sheep-heads)
Hakarl (Rotted Shark)

Anubis

No Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
tbqhwy.com
Originally posted by: waffleironhead

some sorta sour milk product...they eat for breakfast. Imagine taking a bowl of runny sour cream and then covering it with heaps of brown sugar and then some muslix..Definitly not for me.

sounds like cottage cheese

legoman666

Diamond Member
Dec 18, 2003
Originally posted by: Anubis

sounds like gross.

waffleironhead

Diamond Member
Aug 10, 2005
Originally posted by: Anubis

No..cottage cheese is more curd-like this was smooth. Also cottage cheese is not that sour(at least not any ive ever had) Dont get me wrong, I like sour cream, just didnt sit well for breakfast.

fatpat268

Diamond Member
Jan 14, 2006
Semolina Pudding...

Nothing adventurous, but it's the most recent "new" food I've had. I can't believe I've never had it before. Quite tasty.

NatePo717

Diamond Member
Jun 6, 2005
I'm in my Foods of the World class right now (it's a bs class) and we are having Greek today. There should be something I haven't tried yet.