Possibly the most disgusting bit of reporting i've ever seen

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
there is NO justification for rape and murder. I understand sometimes in a fight civilians can get killed. but this was a planned murder and rape.

the guy was seen going out of his way to her house. he went over and murdered them, raped the daughter and tried to cover it up. Hopefully the military does not cover it up.

Kyanzes

Golden Member
Aug 26, 2005
This is the freedom of press. Anyone can say just about anything. Just remember this one (Larry Flynt). That's a price you pay for freedom. How laughable this is? There are no ethics anymore, because everything you say can somehow be hidden behind to the basic rights of freedom of speech.

mordantmonkey

Diamond Member
Dec 23, 2004
HAHA I didn't know she had a PHD in human physiology.
"Even though I don?t have the male testosterone that would drive me to rape, I can imagine how men could use this act as an outlet for anger, wartime stress, frustration. "
so i guess all of us guys who don't rape women just lack the testosterone? stress + testosterone = pedophillic rape? i'm glad she afforded her insight as a doctor.

fitzov

Platinum Member
Jan 3, 2004
there is NO justification for rape and murder

absolutely

I don't remember when I swore an oath to defend the Constitution that it included something like "...and if you can't handle it, then just feel free to rape a 14-year old."

sygyzy

Lifer
Oct 21, 2000
I think people will grasp at anything to justify the action of the US government and its agents no matter how much it goes against common sense or morals. The country is great because of people like this. Of course it's the complete opposite of what our forefathers wanted: a country whose government was fearful of doing wrong because of the backlash by her people.

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
Originally posted by: sygyzy
I think people will grasp at anything to justify the action of the US government and its agents no matter how much it goes against common sense or morals. The country is great because of people like this. Of course it's the complete opposite of what our forefathers wanted: a country whose government was fearful of doing wrong because of the backlash by her people.

part of the problem is we gave t he government to much power and control. could you imagine if some of the stuff that is going on today happened say 50-100 years ago?