Possible terror attack - London Bridge (added) also The Hague

WelshBloke

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
It appears that Stabby McStabstab was able to injure 2-3 people in this attack. I wonder what would have happened had the attack been carried out by Shooty McShootyshoot instead.
Apparently Stabby McStabstab claimed that he was Explody McBombboom and thats why he took two quick rounds to the chest. (This is strictly "someone said" stuff, not confirmed)

He didnt, but you dont dick around about things like that if you dont want to get shot!

Props to the member of the public that they had to pull of him though!

Commodus

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2004
It's not actually clear that it was a terror incident at this stage. There were descriptions of a "fight," although it could have been people trying to subdue an attacker. The police are so far using the "terrorism-related" label more as a precaution than anything.

Now, if certain former posters were around, they'd probably rush to assume it was a Muslim terrorist and start fantasizing about banning Islam.

Reactions: Meghan54

WelshBloke

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
Apparently Stabby McStabstab claimed that he was Explody McBombboom and thats why he took two quick rounds to the chest. (This is strictly "someone said" stuff, not confirmed)

He didnt, but you dont dick around about things like that if you dont want to get shot!

Props to the member of the public that they had to pull of him though!
OK, police have said that he was wearing a fake suicide vest. Thats going to get you shot really quickly!

TheVrolok

Lifer
Dec 11, 2000
It appears that Stabby McStabstab was able to injure 2-3 people in this attack. I wonder what would have happened had the attack been carried out by Shooty McShootyshoot instead.
Uhhh good guy with a gun stopped mass knifer. Ergo, we need more guns. /thread. Amirite?

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008
If it is a terror attack (seems somewhat likely at this point, but there's not much information about either perp or victims) it makes me think about the debate after the last one, regarding the fact that armed-police officers are in short-supply outside London and other big cities. Everyone was talking about how an attacker couldn't be so quickly stopped if they didn't pick a location that firearms units could get to very quickly. Leading to discussion about arming lots more cops.

If it is a terror attack, it seems to suggest terrorists just can't resist the 'high profile' locations - so they pick central London rather than Little Piddle on the Wold - even if that means they will get shot very quickly. One really hopes they are slow-learners.

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
As someone said in the comment section, it's either a copycat, coincidence, or coordinated. I bet coincidence unless the one in the Hague also had a fake suicide vest, in which case I vote coordinated.

WelshBloke

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
As someone said in the comment section, it's either a copycat, coincidence, or coordinated. I bet coincidence unless the one in the Hague also had a fake suicide vest, in which case I vote coordinated.
The last load of dipshits in London wore fake suicide vests, I think that it's a general "thing" for your modern disaffected suicide by cop wannabe terrorist.

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008
Being reported that attacker had recently been released from prison - and was wearing an electronic tag!

Aside from everything else - I have never been particularly convinced by the electronic tagging thing. Plenty of examples of people committing crimes while wearing them. Not forgetting the infamous example where they put the tag around a one-legged guy's artificial leg.

amenx

Diamond Member
Dec 17, 2004
ISIS inspired knee-jerk reaction to Baghdadis death last month. London, Hague likely coordinated attack.

emperus

Diamond Member
Apr 6, 2012
Looks like UK needs knife control.

I think you miss the point. "Bad" people exist. The goal is to minimize the risk that these "bad" people pose. In this case he was taken down with avg. citizens with minimal weapons. What would have been the case if he had a semi automatic weapon? I think this is case in point for gun control.

Reactions: pmv and TheVrolok