Possible Targeting By Al Qaeda?

Jan 12, 2003
Nation on High Alert Tightens Holiday Security

Yes, boys and girls, it is a Fox News link; enter at your own right of becoming a "NeoCon."

Officials at the Department of Homeland Security (search) said intelligence and electronic chatter indicated Usama bin Laden's terror network was hoping to launch strikes on large urban areas and even rural communities like Rappahannock, Va., which has several government facilities, and Valdez, Alaska, where tankers load oil from the Trans Alaska Pipeline (search).

lozina

Lifer
Sep 10, 2001
Does anyone take this seriously anymore?

Especially when I hear them throw in comments like "This orange alert is more serious than the previous ones"

djNickb

Oct 16, 2003
Yeah the government has cried 'wolf' enough that I doubt these warnings have much effect on the general populace.

Wheezer

Diamond Member
Nov 2, 1999
It's funny that no one considers this a takes it seriously anymore. As long as people can go about thier daily business that's fine and this is "just another empty threat"....until something like a truck bomb, or another attack via airliner or a suicide bomber (which I believe we will see in this country) then everyone is up in arms crying about why the goverment didn't warn us. Foolish and ignorant.

glugglug

Diamond Member
Jun 9, 2002
I see our neocon gov't as more of a threat than Al Quaeda could ever hope to be.

daniel1113

Diamond Member
Jun 6, 2003
Originally posted by: glugglug
I see our neocon gov't as more of a threat than Al Quaeda could ever hope to be.

rolleye.gif

Bowfinger

Lifer
Nov 17, 2002
Originally posted by: xxxxxJohnGaltxxxxx
Whine when you don't get information; whine when you do. "Cry Wolf?" That's the dumbest thing I have read (today).
I think this is the only time I've ever agreed with you about anything. While the government may be crying wolf at times, maybe even this time, it would be foolish to believe there are no real terrorist threats. The hard part is knowing which ones will pan out, which ones are empty chatter, and which ones we were able to prevent.

JackStorm

Golden Member
Aug 26, 2003
Originally posted by: daniel1113
Originally posted by: glugglug

rolleye.gif

Those rolling eyes speak a thousand words. Now if we could only figure out which word(s) you're speaking, I'd be a happy little monkey. Come on man, for the love of all that's cute a fuzzy. We need more info! :p

P.S: sorry, couldn't help it :p

JackStorm

Golden Member
Aug 26, 2003
Originally posted by: Bowfinger
Whine when you don't get information; whine when you do. "Cry Wolf?" That's the dumbest thing I have read (today).
I think this is the only time I've ever agreed with you about anything. While the government may be crying wolf at times, maybe even this time, it would be foolish to believe there are no real terrorist threats. The hard part is knowing which ones will pan out, which ones are empty chatter, and which ones we were able to prevent.

Strange, I was just reading another thread and ironicly I agreed with galt for the first time there aswell, strange day isn't it?

As for this threat lever increase, I think that most people just don't trust the government anymore, that being the main reason why they could care less about the threat level.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Suppose there is another terrorist attack. Will George Bush win his first Presidential election after that. Already there is a Senate committee looking into what they knew and when they knew it now. I think, for insurance purposes, if nothing else, we have to have these occasional scares to remind us that we are being watched over by good parent government and won't turn on Bush if something nasty happens. Managing the population and contingency planning is something the power hungry learn will how to do, no?

Jan 12, 2003
Originally posted by: JackStorm

Strange, I was just reading another thread and ironicly I agreed with galt for the first time there aswell, strange day isn't it?

I get a "warm and fuzzy" feeling inside when I see people side with reason :)

Bowfinger

Lifer
Nov 17, 2002
Originally posted by: JackStorm
I get a "warm and fuzzy" feeling inside when I see people side with reason :)

Well then come on over, and you can feel "warm and fuzzy" all the time. ;)

Bowfinger

Lifer
Nov 17, 2002
Just a thought. Does anyone know the status of the Son of PATRIOT Act? Any chance it's positioned to roll into Congress on a moment's notice if this scare might goad them into passing it?

Probably just my conspiracy theory paranoia acting up ... but remember, you heard it here first.