Possible new OSHA regulations could significantly impact firearms owners and shooters...

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

adairusmc

Diamond Member
Jul 24, 2006
Originally posted by: pontifex
Originally posted by: waggy
Originally posted by: Amused
Originally posted by: senseamp
The paranoia is strong in this thread.

And more than justified by history.

Those who fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it.

true. but i really doubt they will do it this way. the Adminstration has the balls to just flat out ban them and damn the laws.

as some others said the 2nd was put in to re-take the goverment. personally i feel that time has been long past. Also it would be damn impossible to do now. they have already restricted weapons that we would need.

i'm sure if we really needed them, we could get them. criminals don't seem to have much problem getting them.

The time is not long past. You can still do your voting from a rooftop if need be.

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000

true. but i really doubt they will do it this way. the Adminstration has the balls to just flat out ban them and damn the laws.

as some others said the 2nd was put in to re-take the goverment. personally i feel that time has been long past. Also it would be damn impossible to do now. they have already restricted weapons that we would need.

i'm sure if we really needed them, we could get them. criminals don't seem to have much problem getting them.

some guns yes.

not the type or quantity needed for such a situation.

Amused

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2001

No, not really. History is full of examples of citizens with mainly small arms successfully resisting major military powers.

alkemyst

No Lifer
Feb 13, 2001
Originally posted by: mugs
Originally posted by: Ronstang
Just look at which party wants you to be disarmed. Have you ever asked yourself why? They don't want any resistance to what they have planned for our future. If you want to completely throw this country away continue to vote for Democrats as they don't think you are smart enough to run your own life and plan on doing it for you.

Do you have any basis for this theory?

Not to mention bipartisan politics are a joke in today's times. The leaders on both sides run things the way they see fit. The average person has very little they can do to control this with voting being so rare by the masses.

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000

No, not really. History is full of examples of citizens with mainly small arms successfully resisting major military powers.

i can see resisting them. but a full takeover and defeat?

bignateyk

Lifer
Apr 22, 2002

some guns yes.

Theres more than enough guns to go around (probably even assault weapons). It's the ammo that would be in short supply (which brings us back to the original post).

There would likely also be a lot of dissention among military troops as well.

BigJ

Lifer
Nov 18, 2001

It doesn't have to be a full takeover and defeat. You have to be enough of a thorn to get things changed.

Linflas

Lifer
Jan 30, 2001

Not to mention the fact that I doubt you would find very much willingness in our military for an all out assault on the civilian population of the US. Much like the Civil War the military would likely split among the opposing sides bringing along whatever equipment and armaments they are in control of.

adairusmc

Diamond Member
Jul 24, 2006
Well, I have letters to all of my congressman about this.

Just got to get the donation to the NRA out today.

alkemyst

No Lifer
Feb 13, 2001
Originally posted by: BigJ

It doesn't have to be a full takeover and defeat. You have to be enough of a thorn to get things changed.

Exactly...if it came down to it the 'people' would not necessarily trying for a defeat. They would stick to guerella tactics and always make control a risk.

Winning a war on your own soil against yourself would require a high level of collateral damage acceptance (basically level any problem areas even if there are those on your side in them)...it's a no-win situation as when your followers see you killing innocents just to quell a threat they should lose their sense of personal value to the cause.

Darwin333

Lifer
Dec 11, 2006

some guns yes.

I disagree.

It is one thing to send American military forces to "control" an unarmed populace that is getting rowdy.

It is very different to order those same soldiers into battle with an armed populace of their fellow countrymen. If you where a soldier how comfortable would YOU be launching an attack on a widespread revolt of American citizens? I would bet that a large number would agree with the revolt. I would also bet that a large number, even if they did not agree with the revolt, could not bring themselves to storm an American city.

Hell, a 10th of the country with pump action shotguns and side arms could get the job done, at least if the rest of the country agreed with their cause.