Possible Networking Program Design :: Winsock

kuphryn

Jan 7, 2001
Hello.

I have an idea for a program I would like to design and implement using C++. This program will produce a list of websites based on what the user wants to search. For example, let say the user enters "c++ programming." The program will log onto Google.com and conduct a search for "c++ programming." It will browse all responses pages and save all websites into a text file (one line per website URL). One done, the user will have a list of relevant websites.

From an implementation perspective, is the program above simple enough using C++ and Winsock? I should be able to setup a socket to connect to a search engine such as Google and/or Yahoo. That is about all I know right now. I do not know how to gather the information after I have connected to, say, a website. Please include a possible implementation using Winsock if you know of one.

Thanks,
Kuphryn

bsobel

Moderator Emeritus<br>Elite Member
Dec 9, 2001
Is there a reason you're reposting all of your questions? This is the second thread where you reposted the exact same question in the same forum...

kuphryn

Jan 7, 2001
Oh. Maybe there was an error in while I posted the threads. I do not want to post more than more of the same question. There is not reason for that.

Kuphryn