Possible Deals, COMPUSA closing 128 stores.

egore

Aug 22, 2002
Tealk - Looks like not enough 'peeps' spend too much $$ there. No stores listed for MN. I think that means they are all closing...

Thoreau

Golden Member
Jan 11, 2003
Looks like everything in Arizona is going bye bye except the one in Tucson. Might swing by and take a peek around after work.

chizow

Diamond Member
Jun 26, 2001
Wow, the ones closest to me in MD are both gone. :( Idk, CompUSA always ran decent deals on certain items and also allowed me to get those quick and dirty PC geek essentials if I didn't want to wait on shipping. Sad to see them go, I used to love reading through their catalogs back in the early x86 days.

Coraanu

Golden Member
Jan 19, 2002
The stores on the list are staying open. If your store is not on the list, it's going bye-bye. Farewell all CUSA's in MN!

13Gigatons

Diamond Member
Apr 19, 2005
All my stores will be closing which just sucks cause all we will have is Best Buy and Circuit City.

nomadh

Jan 19, 2004
Looks like all 3 stores in San Diego county are going. Had a bad feeling when the store locator said nearest store 275 miles away. Are they already gone?

uallas5

Golden Member
Jun 3, 2005
All the stores in MA are going except one in the western part of the state. I hope they have good deals cause I have one near work and another near home to check out.

Cstefan

Golden Member
Oct 6, 2005
I stopped in today, the closing stores in my area are not honoring any sales and are charging a nice full over retail that CUSA is good at. Oh, and no returns all sales final. :)

Kur

Feb 19, 2005
Originally posted by: FireChicken
Anybody know where to find the list of stores that ARE closing

Look at the list, any of them not on there are closing.

BBigJ

Oct 14, 2001
Originally posted by: FireChicken
Anybody know where to find the list of stores that ARE closing
Run a search for "CompUSA" on google maps, and compare the hits with the list above. Anything Google finds that isn't on the list is closing.

Anyone seen any deals on game consoles?

cubeless

Diamond Member
Sep 17, 2001
mesquite, tx is closing... 50% off on a lot of expensive power supplies... 50% off on 'tech parts' like hsf's... was thinking of picking up a cpu hsf and maybe a vga hsf...

dwcal

Jul 21, 2004
Originally posted by: Cstefan
I stopped in today, the closing stores in my area are not honoring any sales and are charging a nice full over retail that CUSA is good at. Oh, and no returns all sales final. :)
They closed a CUSA store near me last year, and the deals were ice cold, like it might match the Newegg price after 40% off. They'll probably start discounts at 10-20% off regular price and drop them more over time.

compcons

Platinum Member
Oct 22, 2004
The deals usually start slow. Get some ex-employee to give you the actual close date. Best deals are usually 2 weeks before the store closes since therre are stillsome decent items. The last few days are pretty bad, but you can get cables, adapters, etc for pennies on the dollar.

EH

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
Nothing going on in vacaville ca. I overheard one of the reps talking and it sounded like they didn't know if their store was closing or not.