Positioning for dual LCD's?

technogeeky

Golden Member
Dec 13, 2000
Hey y'all:

Quick (and sort of strange) question: What kind of positioning do you use with dual LCD's?

Something like this /\ with the two lcds both angled and you sitting in the center?

Something like --\ (of the would be lined up at an edge, not in the middle of one of the LCDs.)

Thanks...

Electric Amish

Elite Member
Oct 11, 1999
Depends on how you will use them. For my dual CRT's I have my 21" directly in front of me for doing the majority of my work and a 17" to the right where I keep open apps, email, etc...

Gaming, on the other hand, they'd probably need to be in the "V" shape in front of you.

amish

blackdogdeek

Lifer
Mar 14, 2003
mine are positioned in boxes at the newegg warehouse waiting for me to win the lottery. they also may be positioned on a couple of people's desks in the fs/t forum.

dman

Diamond Member
Nov 2, 1999
I think for gaming the ^ config would be annoying, imo, as the center would be blocked by the LCD/monitor borders (at least visually). Thus, I'd have to go w/ 1 or 3 or some other ODD # such that you have one screen in the middle.

Unfortunately my desk won't accomodate dual displays (at least not to my satisfaction) so I'm still on a single 19".

technogeeky

Golden Member
Dec 13, 2000
Well I can't use multiple monitors as far as gaming goes, but I'll just keep trying stuff out and seeing how I like it.

SuperSix

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: Electric Amish
Depends on how you will use them. For my dual CRT's I have my 21" directly in front of me for doing the majority of my work and a 17" to the right where I keep open apps, email, etc...

My set up is similar..

My 19" CRT is right in front of me and my 15" CRT is to my right.

I don't think I could function efficiently w/o dual monitors.

SUOrangeman

Diamond Member
Oct 12, 1999
_ _

I'd again like to that Dell for my 1800FPs. $383 + tax was too good to resist (times 3!).

-SUO

woowoo

Platinum Member
Feb 17, 2003
To properly position your monitors:
Close your eyes
reach your hands out and
Think BOOBIES!
That's where they go......

dabuddha

Lifer
Apr 10, 2000
one of my coworkers at my old job had 4 18.1" LCD screens all hooked up to his linux machine. He had the quad monitors working too. Was a sweet setup

WinkOsmosis

Banned
Sep 18, 2002
Originally posted by: Electric Amish

Gaming, on the other hand, they'd probably need to be in the "V" shape in front of you.

amish

Who the hell uses 2 LCDs in a V configuration to game?

elzmaddy

Oct 29, 2002
I use my 19" CRTS in this shape:

...///\\\\\..........////\\\\\\
..////\\\\\\\.......//////\\\\\\
./////\\\\\\\\...../////\\\\\\\\\
##****'''''' '''''''''''''''''''''''''''

.........[ My Head ]

You should see that the first monitor is slightly angled; the second is straight. So I am just about centered with the CRT border, but that gives me greater flexibility for looking at stuff on either screen.

Derango

Diamond Member
Jan 1, 2002
the forum removes all white space in your post, so that diagram isn't gong to work really well :)

I have my 19" CRT and my 17" arranged in the -- \ configuration, because I wanted the bigger monitor to be front and center. The /\ config doesn't make much sense because you're going to have to turn your head to look at one of them :)

JEDI

Lifer
Sep 25, 2001
Facing each other at a 0 degree angle. or 180 degrees back to back :p