Portal 2 - $20 off

Status
Not open for further replies.

Venom20

Apr 12, 2011
Not a crazy deal, but GameStop (EBGames) currently has all Portal 2 platforms $20 off.

Canada
USA

PS3/XBOX --> $39.99
PC/MAC --> $29.99

Edit: offer valid until June 11

Last edited:

Kwint Sommer

Jul 28, 2006
That's not a hot deal, it's the going rate at the moment.

For instance: Amazon, free shipping/prime-eligible and no tax makes it cheaper than GameStop
http://www.amazon.com/Portal-2-Pc/dp...7504808&sr=8-3
http://www.amazon.com/Portal-2-Xbox-...7504808&sr=8-1
http://www.amazon.com/Portal-2-Plays...7504808&sr=8-2

Also, "XXX $$$$$-off" is a pretty useless title. It's standard practice to include the price and good form to include other details like where and how long but the main issue is how useless listing the discount without a point of reference is.

EDIT:
I don't mean to thread crap but if people posted a thread every time a retailer matched amazon's regular prices there'd be 1,000 posts a day and the forum would be unreadable. All the worse if they left you guessing what the actual price was forcing you to click through and read that the retailer is now only a few percent higher than amazon's regular price....

Last edited:

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
Amazon purchases have tax. Every state with a sales tax has a use tax that you are legally required to pay sales tax on out of state internet purchases, as I understand.

gorcorps

aka Brandon
Jul 18, 2004
The retail price of this game dropped by $20 a week after release. It's been this low for a while.

MotF Bane

No Lifer
Dec 22, 2006
Amazon purchases have tax. Every state with a sales tax has a use tax that you are legally required to pay sales tax on out of state internet purchases, as I understand.

For most people, Amazon will not have tax.

DrunkenSano

Diamond Member
Aug 8, 2008

No tax where I live, free shipping too over $25. This saves a ton when making expensive purchases.

Raider1284

Aug 17, 2006
No tax where I live, free shipping too over $25. This saves a ton when making expensive purchases.

Amazon may not charge you a tax at the time of purchase but everyone is legally SUPPOSED to declare those purchases and pay taxes on them when it comes time to pay your taxes each year. Most people may not do this but everyone is supposed to.

imaheadcase

Diamond Member
May 9, 2005
Amazon may not charge you a tax at the time of purchase but everyone is legally SUPPOSED to declare those purchases and pay taxes on them when it comes time to pay your taxes each year. Most people may not do this but everyone is supposed to.

Lots of things you are "legally" required to do but most do pay it any mind. Everyone in the usa would be in jail if laws was enforced. Did you know skipping is against the law and subject to fine in NYC? You also can't pet other peoples dogs! lol

TemjinGold

Diamond Member
Dec 16, 2006

Are you implying Gamestop doesn't have tax then? Because Amazon having tax is moot since Gamestop does too.

desidude006

Aug 10, 2007
From my understanding, e-retailers only charge tax if the warehouse they are shipping from, is in the same state as the destination.

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
Raider got it right. The tax isn't collected by Amazon, but not paying it makes a person a tax cheat - it's legally required.

The poster after him just posted an incoherent statement that all laws can be ignored, no problem. Which is not the issue.

Desi, that can determine if the seller collects it, but not whether it's owed.

TemjinGold

Diamond Member
Dec 16, 2006
Craig234: You are absolutely right. However, the point was originally brought up as a way of saying that the Amazon price isn't as good as getting from Gamestop, which is messed up seeing as Gamestop has tax too AND even the tax evaders can't evade Gamestop's tax because they collect it.

imaheadcase

Diamond Member
May 9, 2005
Raider got it right. The tax isn't collected by Amazon, but not paying it makes a person a tax cheat - it's legally required.

The poster after him just posted an incoherent statement that all laws can be ignored, no problem. Which is not the issue.

Desi, that can determine if the seller collects it, but not whether it's owed.

Oh its incoherent now to state facts. right..

Status
Not open for further replies.