Portable speakers for an MP3 player (non-Ipod)

KeithTalent

Elite Member | Administrator | No Lifer
Administrator
Nov 30, 2005
So does anyone know of some decent ones? I will be using them when I travel so they need to fit in a relatively small suitcase without compromising room for other important things (clothes, toothbrush, etc.).

I looked at these (out of my price range, but still intriguing): JBL OnTour Portable Speaker System

and these: Sony Active Speaker System (SRS-A201)

Does anyone have experience with either of these or any others that would suit my needs?

Thanks in advance for the help!

Cheers,
KT

Evander

Golden Member
Jun 18, 2001
I recently nabbed these for what will be $20 after -$20 Google Checkout bonus and after rebate:
http://www.buy.com/retail/product.asp?sku=10348006&loc=101&******
Sorry the rebate is over and they are sold out, but they actually sound quite good for such small speakers. Sound quality is just OK if you move several feet away from them, but they sound quite good in the sweet zone. Very clear, stereo wide effect is nice, and decent bass (though certainly not booming).

That Google Checkout coupon is good for $20 off an order of $50, I've ordered lots of stuff from buy.com b/c of that but several other sites accept this coupon too. Paypal has started doing a similar promotion I believe but I think it's a rebate not instant price reduction like google. I found my deal from fatwallet.com so you might wanna take a look at the hot-deal forums over there for a week or so and see if anything pops up

edit: I saw refurbed units on ebay for 30$ + s/h

KeithTalent

Elite Member | Administrator | No Lifer
Administrator
Nov 30, 2005
Those actually look pretty good, thanks!

I am in Canada and they are selling for $74 at NCIX.com :frown:

I am going to try and find them at a B&M store though so I can check them out. I don;t mind paying more if they are worth it.

Thanks again,
KT