portable CD & custom CD player

NikPreviousAcct

No Lifer
Aug 15, 2000

<< (The Dallas Morning News)?If you store your MP3 music library on CDs, you're ready to take your tunes on the road. The I-Jam Portable MP3-CD Player (IJ-828) can play regular audio CDs, as well as custom CDs you've made using your computer's CD-recordable or CD-rewriteable drive.

Most portable players can't handle a CD recorded in the MP3 format. Aside from saving the time and tinkering involved in converting MP3s to files that conventional CD players can use, the big advantage with I-Jam's player is storage. A regular audio CD can store perhaps a dozen songs of typical length, but an MP3 disc can hold as many as 150 compressed files.

Instructions with model IJ-828 are sparse, but anybody technically savvy enough to download songs in the MP3 format onto a computer, then burn them onto CDs, will have no problem figuring it out. The unit has headphone, line-out, and microphone jacks. It comes with an AC adapter and earphones. Another nice feature, barely mentioned in the manual, is the record function. Through its mic jack (microphone not supplied), the unit can store up to eight minutes of digital audio.

The I-Jam Portable MP3-CD Player model IJ-828 sells for about $129. For more information, check out I-Jam's Web site: http://www.ijamworld.com
>>