Popping champagne and dancing, people take to the streets across the US to celebrate Biden, Harris win

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
I was in NYC from noon until 6pm. It was the greatest vibe. Just honking, cheering everywhere. I was in tears at prospect park just seeing all these good humans out there celebrating decency and character instead of a vile person.

The nyc subreddit is full of videos from every neighborhood of just cheering and celebrating everywhere when the election was called.

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
I’m really curious to see the demographics on how people voted. I heard trump gained in every category but lost the white male vote. That sounds unlikely but the irony would be funny.

MrPickins

Diamond Member
May 24, 2003
We took a walk near the Texas capitol here in Austin. There were Biden and Trump groups on either side of Congress Ave, but the Biden camp was much larger and more boisterous.

The Trump group seemed almost lethargic...

Lots of cars parading and honking. Most seemed to be for Biden, but a few had trump flags or #stopthesteal signs. The funniest thing was the I saw was on the way back to our car, a Trump flag pickup with a big cruiser motorcycle following it around blaring a "Ridin' for Biden" song.:D

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
I didn't go out much today since New Haven (CT) is a Covid red-zone at the moment but people were screaming and cheering out windows, beating pans, blowing horns and cranking music.

Every bit of it was 100% for Biden who won Connecticut by a wide margin. I suppose there were a few Trumpers skulking in the shadows but none in sight.

Starbuck1975

Lifer
Jan 6, 2005
Contrast that to when Trump was inaugurated. That weekend millions of mostly women around the world came out to protest that orange fuck.

Didn't Trump say there would be rioting and burning if Biden won? Someone count the number of fires set today

Reminds me of the end of ROTJ. As a kid, I assumed the Emperor was dead and the Empire defeated. That was naive. The question is, do get a lame JJ Abrams version or an awesome John Favreau version of what happens next.

Lanyap

Elite Member
Dec 23, 2000
I guess Trump finally got his bigliest crowds ever but they’re celebrating his removal. LOL

Reactions: cytg111

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
I was in NYC from noon until 6pm. It was the greatest vibe. Just honking, cheering everywhere. I was in tears at prospect park just seeing all these good humans out there celebrating decency and character instead of a vile person.

The nyc subreddit is full of videos from every neighborhood of just cheering and celebrating everywhere when the election was called.

Lies. People are saying that NYC is a ghost town now. With everyone boarded up in quiet desperation, eating their relatives.

• Haha
Reactions: skyking

RamIt

Nov 12, 2001

I know you New Yorkers don't care much for us Californians but I had the same tears in Oakland Ca.

feralkid

Lifer
Jan 28, 2002
I’ve been bent over the toilet since Pennsylvania announced. I like my Presidents to win. Clearly God wanted him to lose. I may become an atheist.

"I am such a complete atheist that I am afraid God will punish me." (from the diary of Jara Cimrman, 15 September 1891.)

skyking

Lifer
Nov 21, 2001

I liked your photos on the rides through NYC under covid. Let us know how things go, now that the extra bullshit is over now.

Mar 15, 2003
I know you New Yorkers don't care much for us Californians but I had the same tears in Oakland Ca.

Why would you think that? Everyone here in NYC that I know respects the west coast and I probably have an idealized uber-cool vision of LA in my head (out of Drive and Heat) - never heard anything but respect. Now Iowa or Alabama...

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Why would you think that? Everyone here in NYC that I know respects the west coast and I probably have an idealized uber-cool vision of LA in my head (out of Drive and Heat) - never heard anything but respect. Now Iowa or Alabama...
I figure it's hard to be a farmer because you have this fantasy of farmer's being independent and the salt of the earth but there's the terrible cognitive dissonance that you would fall on your face were it not for government assistance. Dependence creates fear and contempt.

And then there's the Southerner, emotionally damaged by centuries of culturally transmitted resentment caused by the damage to their pride as a result of the Civil War defeat. And all of this the result of egotism, the notion that personal worth is tied to some absurd external.

There is no such thing as a 'farmer' or a 'Southerner'. There are only human beings who have a birthright to dignity.

Be a nobody and love yourself for absolutely no reason.