pop up ads at the top of the page

jjones

Lifer
Oct 9, 2001
You're late to the party. There were about 20 threads in here yesterday complaining about it. See the thread in the Technical Forum Issues on how to deal with it.

Kirby64

Golden Member
Apr 24, 2006
Ads? What ads? I haven't seen any ads at all in ages. If I link to some site, sometimes people complain about popups and tons of ads.. but I never know cause I don't see them :(

Oh well.

loup garou

Lifer
Feb 17, 2000
Originally posted by: Nitemare
Originally posted by: loup garou
Originally posted by: Nitemare
It's anands way of weening everyone off IE
I'm using IE and haven't seen these things?

yet...
OK, I saw the thread in FI that they're HBO & BoA ads. I see them and the HBO one even says "rollever for video" (lol), but neither pop anything up when I rollever them.

effowe

Diamond Member
Nov 1, 2004
Why people dont use FF with Adblock plus is so beyond me, I never see ads and haven't in a long time.

MaxDepth

Diamond Member
Jun 12, 2001
Pop in
pop out
pop up
pop down
pop around
popsicle
pop over
pop pop pop
pop 'cuz you can't stop

Originally posted by: loup garou
pop what?
pop tart?

pyonir

Lifer
Dec 18, 2001
Originally posted by: effowe
Why people dont use FF with Adblock plus is so beyond me, I never see ads and haven't in a long time.

A lot of employers don't allow anything other than IE. Why people can't understand that is beyond me.

effowe

Diamond Member
Nov 1, 2004
Originally posted by: pyonir

A lot of employers don't allow anything other than IE. Why people can't understand that is beyond me.

Meh?

pyonir

Lifer
Dec 18, 2001

Meh?

Looks to me like it still requires installation. Not everyone has installation rights on their work computer.

effowe

Diamond Member
Nov 1, 2004

Meh?

Looks to me like it still requires installation. Not everyone has installation rights on their work computer.

From what I gather the only installation required is at home when you install it onto your usb stick. From there you just pop it into any machine and it runs off the stick.

Actual Website

pyonir

Lifer
Dec 18, 2001

Meh?

From what I gather the only installation required is at home when you install it onto your usb stick. From there you just pop it into any machine and it runs off the stick.

Actual Website

Ah...my last job we weren't allowed to use thumbdrives/usb sticks (sensitive information). *shrug*