Pompeo melts down in NPR interview

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

VRAMdemon

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2012
Well, in Pompeo's defense, he's one of the shoddier bullies in the Trump Administration. So this is probably the best he can do.

On the bright side he, no doubt, pleased the Audience-of-One by employing his native cheap thuggery to publicly insult an intelligent woman. Trump loves that stuff. You can really hear the "That's women for you, always misreading maps instead of making me a sandwich".

happy medium

Lifer
Jun 8, 2003
I want to thank you for providing a snippit of FOX entertainment programming in this forum as I usually spend my time watching other comedy shows like FOX "News" that are much more funny, much more entertaining to watch.
News ,what news?
I try to watch the weather,and some sports, the rest is all just brainwashing BS.
I dont jump on the propaganda train.

• Haha
Reactions: kage69 and Meghan54

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
It would be a fake impeachment like the trump impeachment.
A total waste of my tax dollars.
Why do you try to impeach a president that you knowingly will not get bipartisan support in the senate???
Shall we say for 2020 election purposes?
A total waste of money, and time to do things that matter.

what a pathetic pile of lies from a gaslit victim of GOP ignorance. :(

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
Speaking of the bible...

A false witness who breathes out lies, and one who sows discord among brothers. - Proverbs 6:19

A false witness will not go unpunished, and he who breathes out lies will not escape. - Proverbs 19:5

I want to hear her address the Bangladesh part. Did that ever come up at all, or is it just weak sauce from someone trying not to sound like an ass (and failing, miserably)? She has nothing but credibility, and he's got next to none.

Last edited:

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
Apparently the worst Sec of State in my lifetime has ruled out a Senate run.

Congratulations Kansas! I bet our diplomatic corps can't wait to feel that kind of relief.

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
Apparently the worst Sec of State in my lifetime has ruled out a Senate run.

Congratulations Kansas! I bet our diplomatic corps can't wait to feel that kind of relief.
Kris Kobach is still running in Kansas for Senate.

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
To the best of my knowledge, this is not satire:
066fd92d3a6d19fac8b9396100657829.jpg

pompeo's staff confusing belarus with bangladesh

tenor.gif

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
south ukraine
gulf of ukraine
ukrainian sea
bay of ukraine
ukrainian sea part deux
ukrainian ocean

• Haha
Reactions: Meghan54

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
Typical person trying to tell me what effects me and what dosent.
What makes you think you know more about me than me?
You dont, but somehow because I'm a righty, which I'm not, I'm a "what I thinks better for me"
person.
AGAIN,all politicians are crooked lying scum, and I choose the lying scum that makes my life easier today.

This is cliched, and moronic. Not all politicians are exactly the same, just like not all bus drivers, engineers or ditch diggers are exactly the same.

Bitek

Lifer
Aug 2, 2001
The mere suggestion that a European Studies major from Cambridge would confuse Ukraine and Bangladesh says more about the person who wrote that statement than it does about Mary Louise Kelly.

If they wanted to claim she pointed at the wrong spot on the map, they should’ve used Turkey or Romania or any shot along the Black Sea.

I was going to post this exact thing about this outrageously incompetent press release that only illuminates two things:

1. Pompeo did in fact do the stupid stunt.

2. He is a crybaby liar. Not even a skilled liar, practiced though they are. A somewhat believable accusation would be Latvia or Romania or something. Not South Asia.

It's completely childish either way, but he further sunk himself by bringing it back up and lying about it so pathetically.

It's mind-blowing this manchild holds the same office as Albright, Rice, John Kerry, James Baker, Kissinger, George Marshall, Thomas Jefferson (!), John Q Adams, Madison...

Shameful.

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
I was going to post this exact thing about this outrageously incompetent press release that only illuminates two things:

1. Pompeo did in fact do the stupid stunt.

2. He is a crybaby liar. Not even a skilled liar, practiced though they are. A somewhat believable accusation would be Latvia or Romania or something. Not South Asia.

It's completely childish either way, but he further sunk himself by bringing it back up and lying about it so pathetically.

It's mind-blowing this manchild holds the same office as Albright, Rice, John Kerry, James Baker, Kissinger, George Marshall, Thomas Jefferson (!), John Q Adams, Madison...

Shameful.
Pompeo is so bad in his current role he makes Tillerson look as good as the names you mentioned above.

VRAMdemon

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2012
The point is, the Fox News audience is going to hear “Patriot Pompeo calls out dumb lib media broad after she mistakes Ukraine for Bangladesh,” and that’s the story they’re all going to stick to.

Meanwhile, back at the golf course, the short-fingered vulgarian is retweeting shit posts by Mark Levin threatening NPR, calling it a “Democrat party (sic) propaganda machine.”

Bitek

Lifer
Aug 2, 2001
The point is, the Fox News audience is going to hear “Patriot Pompeo calls out dumb lib media broad after she mistakes Ukraine for Bangladesh,” and that’s the story they’re all going to stick to.

Meanwhile, back at the golf course, the short-fingered vulgarian is retweeting shit posts by Mark Levin threatening NPR, calling it a “Democrat party (sic) propaganda machine.”

Lol @ Trumpworld:

Accurate reporting = benefit to liberalism

Looks like they managed to back into ONE true statement

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000

NPR is probably safe:

In 2010, NPR revenues totaled $180 million, with the bulk of revenues coming from programming fees, grants from foundations or business entities, contributions and sponsorships.[24] According to the 2009 financial statement, about 50% of NPR revenues come from the fees it charges member stations for programming and distribution charges.[24] Typically, NPR member stations receive funds through on-air pledge drives, corporate underwriting, state and local governments, educational institutions, and the federally funded Corporation for Public Broadcasting (CPB). In 2009, member stations derived 6% of their revenue from federal, state and local government funding, 10% of their revenue from CPB grants, and 14% of their revenue from universities.[24][41] While NPR does not receive any direct federal funding, it does receive a small number of competitive grants from CPB and federal agencies like the Department of Education and the Department of Commerce. This funding amounts to approximately 2% of NPR's overall revenues.[24]

Reactions: Pohemi