Polls show obamacare wave building against senate democrats

Page 10 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

boomerang

Lifer
Jun 19, 2000
You're under the assumption that the 38 million people in your equation have never gotten free healthcare and we're just adding 38 million new lips to the government tit. You couldn't be more wrong.

As has been said over and over and OVER, everyone in America gets free healthcare. It's just that the poor get it in the most insanely overpriced and inefficient way possible by going to the ER when they need a doctor. Who ends up paying for that? The government and the insured. Your tax dollars are currently at work paying for the poor to get free access to medicine.
Hey, you know what? After you started this thread, http://forums.anandtech.com/showthread.php?t=2357872 we now know for certain you're a loon. You've removed all doubt.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
As far as charging a lot more than you can afford, that already seems to be the case for most people with Obamacare unless "someone else" is picking up the tab.

That's true for most Americans, whose employers pick up most of the tab. The ACA steps in when employers don't.

Daverino

Platinum Member
Mar 15, 2007
Hey, you know what? After you started this thread, http://forums.anandtech.com/showthread.php?t=2357872 we now know for certain you're a loon. You've removed all doubt.

I didn't get a chance to push that thread where I wanted before it was closed. The point there was to show how cherry-picking news articles can make anything seem like a trend. Just like, oh, say, the "Knockout game."

Which, by the way, is just as real as the "Honeymurder game."

And if I'm a loon, fine. At least I'm a loon that thinks a country as great as America should try to help the less fortunate instead of keeping them down at every opportunity.

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
That's true for most Americans, whose employers pick up most of the tab. The ACA steps in when employers don't.
The ACA also steps in by elbowing employers out of the way. Increasingly, employers are passing along most or all of the added ACA cost to employees.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
The ACA also steps in by elbowing employers out of the way. Increasingly, employers are passing along most or all of the added ACA cost to employees.

Mere assertion by spin, but you already knew that, or at least you should have.

I could just as easily contend that it unleashes the power of small business by relieving them of healthcare costs.

Neither is really the truth, at all. Employers have increasingly put costs off onto employees for a long while, particularly since 2008, even as profits have soared. Bad times make for the hap- hap- happiest employees ever. They'll put up with anything.

IGBT

Lifer
Jul 16, 2001
You're under the assumption that the 38 million people in your equation have never gotten free healthcare and we're just adding 38 million new lips to the government tit. You couldn't be more wrong.

As has been said over and over and OVER, everyone in America gets free healthcare. It's just that the poor get it in the most insanely overpriced and inefficient way possible by going to the ER when they need a doctor. Who ends up paying for that? The government and the insured. Your tax dollars are currently at work paying for the poor to get free access to medicine.

your obama's "obamaCide" will assure the poor stay poor. The numbers came from a pro obamaCare information site. Obamacarefacts.com (a pro-Obamacare website)

boomerang

Lifer
Jun 19, 2000
I didn't get a chance to push that thread where I wanted before it was closed. The point there was to show how cherry-picking news articles can make anything seem like a trend. Just like, oh, say, the "Knockout game."

Which, by the way, is just as real as the "Honeymurder game."

And if I'm a loon, fine. At least I'm a loon that thinks a country as great as America should try to help the less fortunate instead of keeping them down at every opportunity.
Then write a check and keep your hands out of my pockets.

Daverino

Platinum Member
Mar 15, 2007
Then write a check and keep your hands out of my pockets.

You get to pay for it too, unless you'd like to move to a more progressive state, like Somalia.

Personally, I live in NYC, probably the most heavily taxed place in the country. Let me give you an internet shrug. I don't whine about taxes. I feel I get what I pay for.

IGBT

Lifer
Jul 16, 2001
You get to pay for it too, unless you'd like to move to a more progressive state, like Somalia.

Personally, I live in NYC, probably the most heavily taxed place in the country. Let me give you an internet shrug. I don't whine about taxes. I feel I get what I pay for.

..you "feel"?? so as long as Big.Gov makes you "feel" warm and fuzzy they can clean you out??

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
..you "feel"?? so as long as Big.Gov makes you "feel" warm and fuzzy they can clean you out??

Oh, please. "Clean you out"? With taxes? Really? is it shocking to you that patriotic Americans often pay their taxes unflinchingly? The Horror!

Daverino

Platinum Member
Mar 15, 2007
Oh, please. "Clean you out"? With taxes? Really? is it shocking to you that patriotic Americans often pay their taxes unflinchingly? The Horror!

I wish people who think taxes are 'cleaning us out' would stop using everything that taxes pay for first before complaining.

IGBT

Lifer
Jul 16, 2001

well if it makes you "feel" warm and fuzzy just turn everyThing you have over to big.Gov and cream in your pants.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
well if it makes you "feel" warm and fuzzy just turn everyThing you have over to big.Gov and cream in your pants.

How dim. Taxes are simply necessary. I'm fortunate to be able earn enough to be able to pay at the federal level at all, and to do so w/o whining. It's still a relatively good deal, considering what other first world citizens pay. And it's still the bottom line that counts. Like I said, I'm lucky, and I'm not going to snivel about how de big ebil gubmint is keeping me down with taxes, because they're not.

I realize that this may difficult for you to accept, but part of being a member of the first world is, shockingly, big government. It's true. Take a look around.

OTOH, now that the right wing is achieving a third world distribution of income, wealth & social mobility, why not just take it all the way to third world standards. Hell, there are plenty of people willing to buy it strictly to satisfy their well propagandized "principles".

Let us tear down the Government of the People so that International Capitalism can step up to take its place entirely, huh?

Nov 30, 2006
How dim. Taxes are simply necessary. I'm fortunate to be able earn enough to be able to pay at the federal level at all, and to do so w/o whining. It's still a relatively good deal, considering what other first world citizens pay. And it's still the bottom line that counts. Like I said, I'm lucky, and I'm not going to snivel about how de big ebil gubmint is keeping me down with taxes, because they're not.

I realize that this may difficult for you to accept, but part of being a member of the first world is, shockingly, big government. It's true. Take a look around.

OTOH, now that the right wing is achieving a third world distribution of income, wealth & social mobility, why not just take it all the way to third world standards. Hell, there are plenty of people willing to buy it strictly to satisfy their well propagandized "principles".

Let us tear down the Government of the People so that International Capitalism can step up to take its place entirely, huh?
Hyperbole and bullshit...is that all you got? Anyway, just how is the right wing achieving a third world distribution of income, wealth and social mobility? Please tell me specifically what they are doing to cause this.