Poll: YA24T: 24 - has this show made Kiefer Sutherland a Major Star?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Chau

May 23, 2001
isnt he also in like one of those beer commercials, miller lite or something? they don't show him, but teh guy w/ the scratchy voice sounds a lot like him

24 > *

Entity

Lifer
Oct 11, 1999
I don't know if it's because of 24, but his voice has started to be featured more -- especially since Phone Booth. People are starting to realize that his voice has the same potential as his father's -- who had quite the reputation for his voice.

Rob

PlatinumGold

Lifer
Aug 11, 2000
Originally posted by: Entity
I don't know if it's because of 24, but his voice has started to be featured more -- especially since Phone Booth. People are starting to realize that his voice has the same potential as his father's -- who had quite the reputation for his voice.

Rob

his voice is ok but he has a slight lisp.

minendo

Elite Member
Aug 31, 2001
Originally posted by: PlatinumGold
so i'm not the ONLY person not to have watched a single episode of 24 (well untill recently, about 2 weeks ago i started to get them on DVD from netflix) pretty good.
I've never watched an episode.

Shawn

Lifer
Apr 20, 2003
Originally posted by: minendo
so i'm not the ONLY person not to have watched a single episode of 24 (well untill recently, about 2 weeks ago i started to get them on DVD from netflix) pretty good.

you're missing out.

RagingBITCH

Lifer
Sep 27, 2003
Originally posted by: Entity

Rob

his voice is ok but he has a slight lisp.

The lisp/raspiness of his voice is what's so great about it - there's a certain soothing, yet evil calm about it. That's what made his part in Phone Booth so good.

minendo

Elite Member
Aug 31, 2001
Originally posted by: iloveme2

you're missing out.
Probably, but for the past two years I have been in class during the show.

PlatinumGold

Lifer
Aug 11, 2000
Originally posted by: iloveme2

you're missing out.
Probably, but for the past two years I have been in class during the show.

do what i did and rent the dvd's. hey, i got a netflix membership i might as well take advantage of it.

btw, they are worth watching. the first season was AWESOME, next week i should start getting season 2.

Nocturnal

Lifer
Jan 8, 2002
Hasn't he always been a major star since Stand by Me and also that vampire movie? He also starred in both Young Guns.

PlatinumGold

Lifer
Aug 11, 2000
Originally posted by: Nocturnal
Hasn't he always been a major star since Stand by Me and also that vampire movie? He also starred in both Young Guns.

i don't know, he was always a star but i'm not sure about major star. charlie sheen got more press than kiefer did back then.

NL5

Diamond Member
Apr 28, 2003
Wow, I must be old, because he been a MAJOR star since the '80's.....(lost boy's, young guns, stand by me, cowboy way...etc )

PlatinumGold

Lifer
Aug 11, 2000
Originally posted by: NL5
Wow, I must be old, because he been a MAJOR star since the '80's.....(lost boy's, young guns, stand by me, cowboy way...etc )

:) i saw most of those. i didn't consider him a major star tho.

didn't he have 2ndary roles in all of them?