Poll: YA24T: 24 - has this show made Kiefer Sutherland a Major Star?

PlatinumGold

Lifer
Aug 11, 2000
has this show completely revitalized Kiefers career??

he was always pretty popular, but has this show put him over the top??

edit
out of :respect: for flyermax i decided to bump this poll to the top. :)

conjur

No Lifer
Jun 7, 2001
He was rather big before, imo. And, considering it's on FOX, not as many people watch 24 as if it had been on one of the big 3 networks.

PlatinumGold

Lifer
Aug 11, 2000
so i'm not the ONLY person not to have watched a single episode of 24 (well untill recently, about 2 weeks ago i started to get them on DVD from netflix) pretty good.

rh71

No Lifer
Aug 28, 2001
I never liked the Sutherlands (including daddy Donald) in any of their movies, but I must say Kiefer has done a great job with 24 and has earned my respect, for whatever that's worth.

The other day, I caught an old movie of his called The Vanishing with Sandra Bullock. He didn't go Jack Bauer on that crate he was trapped in though.. ;)

PlatinumGold

Lifer
Aug 11, 2000
Originally posted by: rh71
I never liked the Sutherlands (including daddy Donald) in any of their movies, but I must say Kiefer has done a great job with 24 and has earned my respect, for whatever that's worth.

The other day, I caught an old movie of his called The Vanishing with Sandra Bullock. He didn't go Jack Bauer on that crate he was trapped in though.. ;)

you didn't like Donald Sutherland in The Italian Job?

Shawn

Lifer
Apr 20, 2003
Originally posted by: PlatinumGold
Originally posted by: iloveme2
Well I didn't know who he was before the show.

you must be pretty young not to have known him before 24.

Well I knew he was Donald Sutherland's son. That's about it.

conjur

No Lifer
Jun 7, 2001

:Q

A few movies they've been in:
M*A*S*H
Invasion of the Body Snatchers
A Time To Kill
(Both were in this one)
The Lost Boys

rh71

No Lifer
Aug 28, 2001

you didn't like Donald Sutherland in The Italian Job?
The guy has little impact in the way he plays his characters. Someone like James Earl Jones and Morgan Freeman and even Pacino (never liked him either)... now those guys make a presence.

PlatinumGold

Lifer
Aug 11, 2000
Originally posted by: RagingBITCH
Originally posted by: fumbduck
he was a star before 24

Title says "major star". Kiefer was NOT one before 24.

(My answer is of course, yes)

i agree with both of you, Kiefer was a star before, BUT, no question in my mind, 24 put him in a different league.

anyone notice all the additional commercials he started getting after 21 started??

Shawn

Lifer
Apr 20, 2003

RagingBITCH

Lifer
Sep 27, 2003
21 != 24 buddy :)

He got the MCI gig right?

21??

he also got the NHL gig.

I forgot the NHL gig, oops

I agree with both of you, Kiefer was a star before, BUT, no question in my mind, 24 put him in a different league.

anyone notice all the additional commercials he started getting after 21 started??

PlatinumGold

Lifer
Aug 11, 2000
21 != 24 buddy :)

He got the MCI gig right?

21??

he also got the NHL gig.

I forgot the NHL gig, oops

I agree with both of you, Kiefer was a star before, BUT, no question in my mind, 24 put him in a different league.

ahh. i didn't even see the typo.

TheToOTaLL

Platinum Member
Oct 7, 2001
Imagine having a full name like Keifer Frederick Dempsey George Rufus Sutherland - no lie :Q