Poll: Would you watch the NBA/MLB/NHL if they were more like the NFL...

MangoTBG

Diamond Member
Apr 28, 2003
I mean, seriously, baseball is so boring--[How boring is it?] Baseball is so boring that I fall asleep watching the 30 second recaps on SportsCenter. /rimshot

dullard

Elite Member
May 21, 2001
Having more or less crap does not make the crap itself smell any better.

Thraxen

Diamond Member
Dec 3, 2001
Yes. Well, maybe not hockey since I can't seem to get into that sport. But baseball and the NBA have too many damn games. Each game, at the time they are played, seem so trivial as to whether you win or not. Near the end you start to see the importance of each game, but that doesn't really help me enjoy the first part of the season. I only watch both of those sports during the playoffs.

sao123

Lifer
May 27, 2002
I would like to see more football. Football should go till april.
I like NBA.

NHL is getting better since they revamped revenue sharing.

MLB sucks and will continue to suck until they fix it.

mrizvi66

Dec 16, 2005
yes...cause having less games make each game more important....thus it should produce a better game to watch...

BigJ

Lifer
Nov 18, 2001
No.

But I really would like to see more European Football broadcast on Cable. This world cup has really got me interested.

QED

Diamond Member
Dec 16, 2005
It's not the length of the season or number of games that's plaguing NBA and the MLB.

The NBA had at one time usurped baseball as America's new favorite pastime... but the playing style has completely changed-- it's more physical, but less athletic. With the advent of new players like Dwayne Wade and LBJ hopefull that will change...

I'm sorry, it's just not much fun to watch a 7'6" guy slam dunk a ball, or watch a 250-lb guy stand in the key, take the ball, and proceed to shove the defender out of the way with his butt.

MLB has had problems for years-- not the least of which is the discontuinity of (most) teams from year to year due to unrestrained free agency, and the class of "haves" and "have-nots". In baseball, there are legitimately at least 20 teams which you absolutely know have no chance of winning the championship before a single game is played-- in fact, they have absolutely no shot of winning the championship in the foreseeable future. If you are a Royals fan, what fun is it to watch your team become the punching ball for every other team year after year after year?

SpanishFry

Platinum Member
Nov 3, 2001
Originally posted by: MathMan
The NBA had at one time usurped baseball as America's new favorite pastime...

Really? Glad things went back to normal.

NCAAF>NFL>MLB>NCAAB>NBA>NHL

CptObvious

Platinum Member
Mar 5, 2004
i think they should shorten the nba season so that each team plays all the other teams twice, once at home and once away. i think it would 58 games but my math may be off.

n7

Elite Member
Jan 4, 2004
NHL > *

I have no interest in the MLB or NFL.

I do watch CFL occasionally.

sao123

Lifer
May 27, 2002
Originally posted by: kmr1212

NFL>NCAAF>NBA>PGA>NHL>LPGA>NCAAB>MLS>PBA>MLB>NASCAR>F1

Fixed.

QED

Diamond Member
Dec 16, 2005
Originally posted by: kmr1212

Yep, it was probably early to mid 90s that the NBA was heralded as the next greatest thing. And why not? Jordan was in his prime. Karl Malone and John Stockton were perfecting the give and go and pick and roll plays. Shooting 3-pointers and free throws well was considered a work of art.

ZOOYUKA

Platinum Member
Jan 24, 2005
Originally posted by: CptObvious
i think they should shorten the nba season so that each team plays all the other teams twice, once at home and once away. i think it would 58 games but my math may be off.

If they shortened the NBA season it would also give the players more time to focus on their other passions in life, like being thugs and criminals.

thirdeye

Platinum Member
Jun 19, 2001
www.davewalter.net
I enjoy hockey and football. However, I wouldn't watch baseball or basketball if they only played one game every 10 years. I hate them both, one is mind-numbingly boring and the other is obscenely repetitive.

Rip the Jacker

Diamond Member
Dec 29, 2004
Originally posted by: ZOOYUKA

If they shortened the NBA season it would also give the players more time to focus on their other passions in life, like being thugs and criminals.

Ban.

thesurge

Golden Member
Dec 11, 2004
No... I only watch the postseason of the NBA and the World Series (not postseason, just world series) anyway.

jlbenedict

Banned
Jul 10, 2005
Originally posted by: Rip the Jacker

Ban.

Now why ban?
That statement was pretty much the truth. In that case, the NBA season should be longer.

jlbenedict

Banned
Jul 10, 2005
Originally posted by: Rip the Jacker

Ban.

Now why ban?
That statement was pretty much the truth. In that case, the NBA season should be longer.