POLL: Would you vote for or against Mandatory Reversible sterilization?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Crazymofo

Platinum Member
May 14, 2003
Originally posted by: Red Dawn
Originally posted by: Crazymofo
Originally posted by: Nitemare

No more Teenage pregnancies.
Not coolness
Wait you want to see more teenage pregnancies??

For all you that voted "im an idiot" you obviously live a very sheltered live and have never known someone that has a child at 15 and never seen what crack does to a baby... Never had a friend that had 3 heart surgeries before he was 1 year old because his mom couldn?t stop drinking... Never been to a person?s house that is filled with garbage and have 6 kids running around naked because the parent cannot afford clothes or trash disposal service! I could go on and on, I've seen a lot of stuff!
You talking about your family reunions?

No I'm talking about my mother's time as a home health care nurse and the many times I rode along with her...

Baronz

Mar 12, 2002
Originally posted by: Bryophyte
I think that you would see a sharp rise in STDs if something like that would happen.

Exactly.

Doing this would be the worst thing possible. You wouldn't have any children around sure, and no teenage pregnancies, but...

But then everyone would just not use condoms, because hey, you can't get pregnant now!

And then everyone dies of STDs.

How many people who transmit/recieves STDs know that they or their partner have them? I bet that number would increase if all the people who were "pretty sure" they didn't have an STD started having sex without condoms.

Not to mention the first person to fail being reversed from a non-consenting sterilization would sue the paint off the whitehouse and get 3/4 the population to support them.

WinkOsmosis

Banned
Sep 18, 2002
Of course it would be useful for population control. Population is expansion is out of control. 1.3% per year. THat doesn't sound like a lot, but that is PER YEAR. We are running out of earth and running out of resources :mad:. Well not us. The USA's population has stabilized. But I don't think sterelization is a good idea... Maybe though... maybe..

gopunk

Lifer
Jul 7, 2001
Originally posted by: Vic
Everyone who voted "yay" should look at the circumstances of their parents when they were born and ask themselves if their parents would have received forced sterilization from the government at that time.

all that would show is that people are naturally biased towards themselves. what's your point?

a better thing to try and imagine is if the world had no unwanted children. every child was a deliberate and well-planned-for bundle of joy.

This is unreal. Eugenics was Hitler's favorite agenda. He murdered more than 11 million people in its name. And here we are, full circle. I am disgusted beyond belief.

blah blah blah hitler, stop trying to leverage the emotion behind that word. this is not eugenics (look it up).

Bootprint

Diamond Member
Jan 11, 2002
Originally posted by: FoBoT
only Nazi's would support mandatory revisable sterilization by the government

Doesn't even have to Nazi's, Carnegie Institution and the Rockefeller Foundation were for it.

gopunk

Lifer
Jul 7, 2001

well i'm not a nazi... whoops, there goes your theory!

DWW

Platinum Member
Apr 4, 2003
(I was joking :p)

Let other's run their course.
Or buy some big property and start a militia/self-sufficient group and detach from the world.

XZeroII

Lifer
Jun 30, 2001
You're a moron. You talk about all this crap like normal people would need it. Normal people would not need to be sterilized. It's only the idiots who have 6 kids and can't afford them. It's only idiots who do crack while pregnant. I suppose you think that the best way to rid yourself of a virus is to treat the symptoms and ignore the actual virus.

gopunk

Lifer
Jul 7, 2001
Originally posted by: XZeroII
You're a moron. You talk about all this crap like normal people would need it. Normal people would not need to be sterilized. It's only the idiots who have 6 kids and can't afford them. It's only idiots who do crack while pregnant. I suppose you think that the best way to rid yourself of a virus is to treat the symptoms and ignore the actual virus.

in this case, treating the symptoms would help prevent the virus from making copies of itself.

Crazymofo

Platinum Member
May 14, 2003
Originally posted by: gopunk

Hey same here, I guess that theory sucks ass don?t it now!!!

I love the fact that I was right, I put the "im an idiot" option in there knowing it would get the majority of votes.

Can anyone suggest a better option for controlling the massive amounts of idiots and the children they are spawning??

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Can anyone suggest a better option for controlling the massive amounts of idiots and the children they are spawning??
Darwinism.

Yaknow, that natural order of things that all those social programs you support work directly against?

Crazymofo

Platinum Member
May 14, 2003
Originally posted by: Vic
Darwinism.

Yaknow, that natural order of things that all those social programs you support work directly against?

Darwinism isn't working fast enough and I don?t support any social programs except maybe adoption and foster care... two things that wouldn't be needed if people could fvcking control themselves...

I'm all for removing warning labels off everything and stopping all government spending on drug abusers and lazy asses on welfare...

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003

Hey same here, I guess that theory sucks ass don?t it now!!!

I love the fact that I was right, I put the "im an idiot" option in there knowing it would get the majority of votes.

Just get the 1st, 5th, 6th, and 8th amendments of the Constitution repealed. Then you could carry out your proposal in peace.

You have to expect that there will always be stupid people in the world and nothing will change that.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Darwinism isn't working fast enough and I don?t support any social programs except maybe adoption and foster care... two things that wouldn't be needed if people could fvcking control themselves...

I'm all for removing warning labels off everything and stopping all government spending on drug abusers and lazy asses on welfare...
Well, then I guess you're not a total idiot ;):p

The problem with these sterilization and population control ideas is that the only real way to forcibly stop people from breeding is to kill them.

Siddhartha

Lifer
Oct 17, 1999
I know it would mean the government getting way to personal but think of the money we'd all save...

No more Crack babies.
No more worthless parents that have 5 kids that really cannot afford even one.
No more of a lot of things... they say driving is a privilege not a right, so why is pregnancy a right??

That sounds like something that the Nazis would do or have done.

FoBoT

No Lifer
Apr 30, 2001
fobot.com

...option for controlling ...

controlling =! free society

move to a place that allows total control of its citizens

the nazi thing was just meant to inflame the thread from a rational discussion into a flame fest, i'll go pull up the flamers bible and try something else

"ad hominem"

"ad nauseum," "vini, vidi, vici," and "fetuccini alfredo."

"ad hominem"

gopunk

Lifer
Jul 7, 2001
Originally posted by: Dr Smooth
I know it would mean the government getting way to personal but think of the money we'd all save...

No more Crack babies.
No more worthless parents that have 5 kids that really cannot afford even one.
No more of a lot of things... they say driving is a privilege not a right, so why is pregnancy a right??

That sounds like something that the Nazis would do or have done.

so does public education... simply saying the nazis have done it, is meaningless.

Crazymofo

Platinum Member
May 14, 2003
Originally posted by: MercenaryForHire
Start from the other end.

Wanton acts of stupidity warrant revocation of breeding privlidges.

- M4H

I like this idea!!