Poll - Would you vote for Jeb Bush for President?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Would you vote for Jeb Bush for President?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Balt

Lifer
Mar 12, 2000
No. Enough with that family. Even if he's wiser than his brother, I'm sure they all have the same circle of friends and advisors (people like Dick Cheney).

Ryan

Lifer
Oct 31, 2000
No way I don't want Jeb. We need someone young and charismatic, preferably Latino. Though it kind of sucks we'll have to take one on the chin with championing a minority, we need to pander to a part of the electorate that isn't dying if we want to take the White house, which is all that matters in the end.

Jeb is a shoe-in for the Latino vote - his wife is hispanic and they even speak Spanish as their primary tongue at home. I don't think he has totally shot himself in foot yet with his recent pathway to citizenship fumble.....

Last edited:

nextJin

Golden Member
Apr 16, 2009
Nope, I am looking at Christie or Paul. Christie because I think he might be able to work with both parties better than anyone in recent history and Paul because I am a Libertarian.

thraashman

Lifer
Apr 10, 2000
The odds of me being willing to vote Republican are exceedingly low. The odds of me voting for another Bush are 0%. I'd vote John Boehner President before voting for Jeb Bush. And I'd drench my testicles in lighter fluid and strike a match before I voted for John Boehner.

beachchica

Mar 10, 2013
I predict that the President to follow Obama will be a worse disaster for this nation, with more authoritarian police state policies than you can shake a stick at. Whoever it is.

Was about to ask where the "maybe" option was, but I'm likely to continue voting third party until the GOP proves itself worthy. My default position on Jeb Bush is no.

That's the trend. Everyone thought Bush was a disaster until we got Obama. Now we know what an authoritarian REALLY looks like. I can't imagine a worse president than Obama. But then again, at the time, I couldn't imagine a worse president than Bush.

nextJin

Golden Member
Apr 16, 2009
That's the trend. Everyone thought Bush was a disaster until we got Obama. Now we know what an authoritarian REALLY looks like. I can't imagine a worse president than Obama. But then again, at the time, I couldn't imagine a worse president than Bush.

Well I wouldn't say its an old trend, Clinton did pretty well imo.

JackBurton

Lifer
Jul 18, 2000
I definitely would. I wasn't really familiar with him, but after an interview I saw with him, I was really impressed with him. Definitely looks MUCH more intelligent than that moron brother of his.

soundforbjt

Lifer
Feb 15, 2002
:D
I definitely would. I wasn't really familiar with him, but after an interview I saw with him, I was really impressed with him. Definitely looks MUCH more intelligent than that moron brother of his.

Like that would take much...:D

UberNeuman

Lifer
Nov 4, 1999
President? President of the Men's Hair Club? President of the International Royal Society of Dog Catchers?

Maybe. Preisdent of U.S.?

Never.

Oct 30, 2004

How is Obama worse than Bush? Did Obama lie to the public about weapons of mass destruction in some Arab nation, resulting in a loss of thousands of American lives and probably trillions of dollars? Did Obama lower taxes on the rich?

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
Knowing what we know about Jeb Bush now and knowing what we knew about W prior to the 2000 election I give Jeb an excellent chance of at least getting as far as the nomination and winning the White House is definitely a possibility. Jeb has nowhere near the well documented record of being a total fuckup that W had going into the 2000 race. With W, people knew they were voting for a viscous little man and many voted for him anyway.

No, I would not vote for Jeb Bush.

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
If Jeb Bush swore an oath on the day he throws his hat in the ring that he would champion the cause of the middle class, the poor, the minorities, the LGBT, and swore that he would get rid of every tax loophole that only the rich have, that he would fight to reverse the Citizen's United decision, that he would hunt down every instance of voter suppression and disenfranchisement and kill it, that he would never ever lie to the American people like his brother did on a daily/hourly basis, that he would create a commission to investigate the banking/investment sector for every crime that they've been getting away with and give it his undivided attention until all those bankster/scam artists are incarcerated, that he would institute real affordable health care for every American, that he would invest heavily into alternative energy and then swear it again every morning, noon and night and then sign a document in front of the whole nation that he would, upon being elected to office pursue with every ounce of strength in his body those things he swore to, then maybe, just maybe I'd vote for him.

So in other words.........

Last edited:

rockyct

Diamond Member
Jun 23, 2001
I think he's got a fairly good shot at the nomination, but he'll be crushed by Hillary in the general.

rudder

Lifer
Nov 9, 2000
Depends entirely on who he is running against. I think he would be totally different then dubya so who knows.

Avalon

Diamond Member
Jul 16, 2001
Depends who is running. But, he did a decent job in Florida imo.

Balt

Lifer
Mar 12, 2000
I think he would be totally different then dubya so who knows.

I think he's smarter and his personality is a lot different than dubya's, but I also think he'd have a similar inner circle of people giving him advice. That may lead to pretty much the same outcome in the end.

Oct 30, 2004
I'm hoping that the Republicans never win another election. They've done so much to cock up this country and to destroy the middle class, it would be a great injustice. Thanks to the Republicans we have the world's most expensive and inefficient health care system in spite of every other first world nation having less expensive, more efficient socialized medicine.