Poll: Would you take a drug that has a 50% chance of death and 50% chance of giving you superpowers?

XZeroII

Lifer
Jun 30, 2001
You don't know what kind of power you would get. It could be really cool, or really lame. Would you do it?

(Stolen from the TV show 4400)

KarmaPolice

Diamond Member
Jun 24, 2004
Interesting question...but i would only think about doing it if I could pick my super power.

Dirigible

Diamond Member
Apr 26, 2006
Not a chance. I'm happy as I am. Why would I chance ending that for superpowers that are unlikely to make me significantly happier?

BooGiMaN

Diamond Member
Jul 5, 2001
unknown power huh ..hmmm what if you get a sucky one like meg from family guy

she could grow her nails long at will....that would suck

Atomicus

Banned
May 20, 2004
How extremely lame would the lame power be if its rolled? Like the power to absorb sunlight without getting sunburn lame? or the ability to change the color of your fingernails lame?

confused1234

Banned
Jun 17, 2006
Originally posted by: Atomicus
How extremely lame would the lame power be if its rolled? Like the power to absorb sunlight without getting sunburn lame? or the ability to change the color of your fingernails lame?

the ability to flatus at will!

AbAbber2k

Diamond Member
Mar 1, 2005
So if you assume that your chance of getting a lame power is equal to getting an awesome power, then your chances of coming out on top are even less than 50/50. Fvck that. I'd probably get screwed and end up "Spontaneous Acne Outbreak Man." I'd rather be dead.

flashbacck

Golden Member
Aug 3, 2001
How can so many people be saying Yes? The power is completely unknown! You have a 50% chance of surviving, then like a 5% chance of getting a really cool power. What kinda deal is that?

bunnyfubbles

Lifer
Sep 3, 2001
Originally posted by: flashbacck
How can so many people be saying Yes? The power is completely unknown! You have a 50% chance of surviving, then like a 5% chance of getting a really cool power. What kinda deal is that?

more like 50% chance of getting a cool power...

confused1234

Banned
Jun 17, 2006
Originally posted by: bunnyfubbles

no..he said you would either get a cool power or a lame power so thats
50% chance of death 25% chance of getting good power 25%chance of getting lame power

flashbacck

Golden Member
Aug 3, 2001
Originally posted by: confused1234
Originally posted by: bunnyfubbles

no..he said you would either get a cool power or a lame power so thats
50% chance of death 25% chance of getting good power 25%chance of getting lame power

I think he ment 50% after surviving. Anyway I disagree that getting a cool power is a 50% chance. I think there are WAY more lame powers than cool ones, which is why I guessed it would be around 5% for a cool one.

Itchrelief

Golden Member
Dec 20, 2005
It takes all my concentration to keep from turning invisible, and well, what with all the drinking...

You can turn invisible?

Just my skin. There was an accident a few years ago.
It did this to me, turned poor Ned into a walking callus, Cody can't touch oxygen without bursting into flames, and Richard, as usual, he was the lucky one.

Yeah. Superstretchy isn't so bad by comparison.

krunchykrome

Lifer
Dec 28, 2003
I definetly would. People take supplements everyday that have not been approved by the FDA in hopes of good gains in the gym.