*POLL* Would you post a topic that is just a Bush/Clinton Flame War

Trezza

Sep 18, 2002
Originally posted by: fell8
Beat the lock!

There is no reason for a lock. Especially with all the stuff thats in this forum. All i am asking is if you would create a topic that is just political flame bait and serves no other purpose. But if this gets locked, it gets locked. I would like an explanation from whatever mod does it why this is wrong but how this sub forum doesn't (apparently) have to follow the same rules as any other one is ok.

networkman

Lifer
Apr 23, 2000
Careful fell8 - posts like yours are just asking for the Mods to take action against your account - they've stated previously that they will do so. ;)

McGyver

Golden Member
Nov 21, 2002
Originally posted by: networkman
Careful fell8 - posts like yours are just asking for the Mods to take action against your account - they've stated previously that they will do so. ;)

curious, i'm new here. what have the mods done so far? in what instances?

networkman

Lifer
Apr 23, 2000
At the moment, the only post I can find is located in the FS/T forum rules HERE

Note the fourth bullet under Forum Courtesy

I suppose it's possible the Mods in this forum may be more generous than the ones looking after the FS/T forum, but I doubt it. :)

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com

I suppose it's possible the Mods in this forum may be more generous than the ones looking after the FS/T forum, but I doubt it. :)

Actually it seems as though they have given up. They seem to let obvious flames and trolling go on. <shrug> No skin off my back - I'm just an "idiot, blink, neo-con, Bush-bitch" anyway so what do I know;)

CkG

DealMonkey

Lifer
Nov 25, 2001
Originally posted by: CADkindaGUY

Actually it seems as though they have given up. They seem to let obvious flames and trolling go on. <shrug> No skin off my back - I'm just an "idiot, blink, neo-con, Bush-bitch" anyway so what do I know;)

CkG

At least we know what we're dealing with. Thanks for being honest ;)

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Originally posted by: DealMonkey
Originally posted by: CADkindaGUY

CkG

At least we know what we're dealing with. Thanks for being honest ;)

Well that seems to be the prevailing definition of a Conservative/Republican by you Liberals here on the forum.:)

CkG

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Beat the lock!

I don't think any threads have been locked here, 1 member received a warning, but that's the extent of Mod actions.

phillyTIM

Golden Member
Jan 12, 2001
Honestly I don't know why you "pro-Bush" people always haveta bring up Clinton; he's ancient history now, and you are comparing apples to oranges. Unless, that is, you actually have a repressed, latent, feelings of lust for Clinton.

Siddhartha

Lifer
Oct 17, 1999
Originally posted by: phillyTIM
Honestly I don't know why you "pro-Bush" people always haveta bring up Clinton; he's ancient history now, and you are comparing apples to oranges. Unless, that is, you actually have a repressed, latent, feelings of lust for Clinton.

I want to know the answer to this question too. Why do you guys continue to bring up Clinton?

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Originally posted by: Dr Smooth
Originally posted by: phillyTIM

I want to know the answer to this question too. Why do you guys continue to bring up Clinton?

CLinton is a figure head. He is looked to as an example by both Dems and Reps. Look at that poll about wanting him back as the President. Hmmm...
From what I've seen here- He is brought up as much if not more by you anti-Bush people.
He will be brought up especially when he keeps himself in the spotlight - like this latest Grey David thing. Hid lust for power and attention is amazing - just wait for his book too.
As long as Clinton puts himself out there on the stage he is fair game. Heck, people still bring up Bush 1 and Reagan if it fits their anti-Bush agenda- why is that OK but it isn't OK to bring up Clinton?

CkG

phillyTIM

Golden Member
Jan 12, 2001
Well you guys will find that I don't bring up past figures, because I feel they are irrelevant--each was working at a time when circumstances were way different any when any other were in office.

When I talk about what a numbskle Shrub Jr. is, I give reasons why,,,and I don't compare him to what so-and-so-in-the-past would/might have done; because we have no idea at all what they would have done. Tho I do realize sometimes both sides bring up the past; I just think it's wrong.

fell8

Nov 12, 2001
Beat the lock!

Fellas, I didn't mean there was anything wrong with the thread,it just seems kind of frivilous (sp?). I mean this thread really doesn't seem to have anything to do with politics or news, at least directly. It seems more about observations about our own behavior and attitudes about Bush/Clinton. I would think OT or Forum Issues might seem more appropriate places to discuss something like this.

Given the dilligence of the mods about locking non-relevant (to the particular forum) threads in the various HW, SW and HT forums, I figured this was a likely candidate (BTW, I'm not implying the mods are any less dilligent here, so please...). However, seeing how nicely everyone has gotten along in this thread, I feel the mods made a good call in leaving it. Maybe it can serve as a model in future threads.

So finally, I offically retract my previous statement implying that this thread would be locked. Now you guys go right back to playing nice. Be good!