POLL: Would you choose the sex of your child?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

BigJelly

Golden Member
Mar 7, 2002
Don't know how a father can survive having a daughter...

how many times do you guys think of sex, then realize that boys her age are just like that

I'll have to go with Bernie Mac on this--tell your daughter's boyfriend, "Everything you do to her, i'll do to you."

AvesPKS

Diamond Member
Apr 21, 2000
Originally posted by: TwinkleToes77
Originally posted by: Xionide
Originally posted by: OIKOS
i want a boy! girls r too emotional......

Me too but I would never want to choose. Seriosly either way I would love my child.

I dont mess with fate.. But I dont think id prefer a boy. After seeing what my mother is going through with my brother atm compared to what my sister and i were like. She said shed take 5 girls anyday over 1 boy.

That's funny, it's exactly the opposite with my sister and I...

Ionizer86

Diamond Member
Jun 20, 2001
I want a daughter! My little bro is way annoying!

But realistically, I wouldn't want to choose the gender of my child, at least not for the first child. Second, maybe, for family balance.

jsbush

Diamond Member
Nov 13, 2000
Originally posted by: GTaudiophile
Nope. Man should learn that it is unsuccessful at playing God.

What does god have to do with deciding weather or not it's a girl or a boy? He's not the one that plants the seed is he?

:beer:

Turkish

Lifer
May 26, 2003
Originally posted by: jsbush
Originally posted by: GTaudiophile
Nope. Man should learn that it is unsuccessful at playing God.

What does god have to do with deciding weather or not it's a girl or a boy? He's not the one that plants the seed is he?

:beer:

:beer: :cool:

shopbruin

Diamond Member
Jul 12, 2000
it just leads to so many potential things that science might be able to let you pick... i.e intelligence. it's too many things to play with.

of course, the procedures aren't cheap. read this week's newsweek.

badmouse

Platinum Member
Dec 3, 2003
I think it's like anything else, you'll get used to it pretty quickly if it ever gets perfected. Like now, when people say "are you going to find out what sex it is before it's born?" That used to be a crazy question, now it's normal. Or if people are expecting twins, the automatic assumption is "fertility enhancement, right?" It's not nuts anymore to have artificial insemination and IVF and test tube babies.

The human race will stumble along pretty much as it always has.

I'm a mom and if I had a choice, I'd have girls - even though my son is the joy of my life. I didn't have a choice with him and it's been awesomely great.

I think most guys here vote "sons" because they're guys, but a lot of mothers will choose daughters, so it will even out. This isn't India or China.

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
"Everything you do to her, i'll do to you."
LMFAO!!!! Haha.

I can't remember where I saw it but a father was telling a guy who came over to check out his daughter that "He's not afraid of going back to prison." I think it was Bad Boyz II

I personally want a girl and a boy. We're having only two :)

Dragnov

Diamond Member
Apr 24, 2001
Sure. I wan't girl, boy, girl in that order.

And please don't tell me how I'm trying to play god or messing with nature. An abortion doesnt?