Poll: Will Saddam comply with the UN resolution?

Martin

Lifer
Jan 15, 2000
He has until friday to indicate whether he will accept it or not.

I say "yay". Last time he didn't back down, but this time his own head is on the line, if he says no, he dies.

MazerRackham

Diamond Member
Apr 4, 2002
That guy is a maniac.... if I had $1,000,000.00 I would bet you $1,000,000.00 that Iraq does not comply. And why won't they comply? Because they do have weapons of mass destruction and chemical weapons. There would be no other reason not to let the UN inspectors in there....

EDIT: spellin' errors

Mill

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
I would say there is no chance in hell that Saddam will comply. He will pussyfoot around then try to stall until he can get support for his position.

Tripleshot

Elite Member
Jan 29, 2000
His ego will force him to fight. He looses before he begins. The only issue anyone is talking about now is how to split up the spoils of war, IE: OIL!

Ever wonder why the French balked at this war? They have had a lucrative deal going with Saddam on oil. They lose the deal if thee is a regime change.

This war is waged over oil by oil tycoons manipulting government action by lobbying Bush and Cheney and the English. The rest of the world really doesn't seem to have a beef with Saddam.

I have heard the above arguement too manty times today on the news. It is plausable, but Im am not sure it's true. Quite frankly, I do not care if France ever gets another drop of oil,and to that extent, ridding Iraq of Saddam is reward enough for supporting the U.S. led coalition t ooust the scoundrel if he so much as blinks at disarmeament.

Look for a nasty fight though. I do think it will not be a slam dunk, and the Arab world may have a few things to say about the U.S. starting a war in their backyard. Any protracted extent beyond removing Saddam, or if this gets a high civilian body count, Islamic brothers will band together to "avenge" any collateral damage.

My $.02

rayma2

Nov 12, 2001
Originally posted by: Millennium
I would say there is no chance in hell that Saddam will comply. He will pussyfoot around then try to stall until he can get support for his position.

that is just what I was thinking... I thnk he will do the bare minimum to keep us from invading

klah

Diamond Member
Aug 13, 2002
I think he will comply with the first stage; accepting the resolution. He will probably even let the inspectors back into the country. After that I fear he will resume his previous tactics.

Mill

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: Tripleshot
His ego will force him to fight. He looses before he begins. The only issue anyone is talking about now is how to split up the spoils of war, IE: OIL!

Ever wonder why the French balked at this war? They have had a lucrative deal going with Saddam on oil. They lose the deal if thee is a regime change.

This war is waged over oil by oil tycoons manipulting government action by lobbying Bush and Cheney and the English. The rest of the world really doesn't seem to have a beef with Saddam.

I have heard the above arguement too manty times today on the news. It is plausable, but Im am not sure it's true. Quite frankly, I do not care if France ever gets another drop of oil,and to that extent, ridding Iraq of Saddam is reward enough for supporting the U.S. led coalition t ooust the scoundrel if he so much as blinks at disarmeament.

Look for a nasty fight though. I do think it will not be a slam dunk, and the Arab world may have a few things to say about the U.S. starting a war in their backyard. Any protracted extent beyond removing Saddam, or if this gets a high civilian body count, Islamic brothers will band together to "avenge" any collateral damage.

My $.02

I think that argument is a bunch of politcal rhertoric and propaganda. What news station was reporting that as news? As long as we get rid of Saddam I am happy.

Martin

Lifer
Jan 15, 2000
whoa, this poll is totally not what I expected....I guess we'll know soon enough!

and a bump.

Feb 24, 2001
Probably say yay, let the inspectors in, then take them hostage and threaten to kill them if anyone takes any action.

I've read a couple of things that say US/UK forces have been fighting Iraqi forces in the SE part of the country for about 2 weeks. Apparently trying to take some mountain range.