POLL: why did you choose your current wireless carrier?

Mr N8

Diamond Member
Dec 3, 2001
Pricing and only reliable service when I signed on. (7 years ago) Never bothered to switch.

kt

Diamond Member
Apr 1, 2000
Where's the "I am too lazy to switch to another wireless carrier" option?

dcdomain

Diamond Member
Jan 30, 2000
Nothing beats Verizon coverage. Though their phones suck since they aren't GSM which usually has more offerings.

After suffering through T-Mobile which was a GREAT company except for no coverage in my house in Jersey, I was forced to switch over to Verizon, less minutes, phones suck, but I get service EVERYWHERE.

Actaeon

Diamond Member
Dec 28, 2000
I voted for network and quality of coverage. I am currently on Cingular. Which currently bought out AT&T Wireless for $41 billion if you don't know :). Can't wait for increase in coverage!

But I got an Awesome Phone (Motorola V400), coverage is good (Central Florida), and pricing seems to be okay(plus rollover minutes are nice). They gave me a nice signing bonus over 500 extra rollover minutes. I got a good deal on the phone, and the people were pretty friendly.

samgau

Platinum Member
Oct 11, 1999
Just because there was a booth there.... twas At&T.... I did add a phone to the acct later on... I guess its going to become cingular soon...

Kelvrick

Lifer
Feb 14, 2001
Phone, pricing, reception.

AT&T just happened to have all of it where I lived in the Boonies of Davis, CA.

Aves

Lifer
Feb 7, 2001
I signed up with Powertel because my friend gave me his prepaid phone.

When I went to sign a contract I just went with them since the service was always good. Powertel eventually became Voicestream and ultimately T-Mobile.

NikPreviousAcct

No Lifer
Aug 15, 2000
Semi-decent phones, customer service that doesn't FVCKING LIE TO YOU, and price plans that are the cheapest on the market.