Poll: who's ever been to Nick Tahous? (or heard of it)

Frosty3799

Diamond Member
Nov 4, 2000
you will know what it is if youve been there.

oh yea, and also, did you finish your plate??

EDIT: you will be most likely to have heard of it if you are in the Upstate, NY area... and if you are ever planning on visiting rochester, ny, tell me and i will bring you to tahous.

EDIT#2: heres a link about tahous: mmmmmmmmmm tasty

aphex

Moderator<br>All Things Apple
Jul 19, 2001
Never heard of it... Im gathering its a restaurant?

Frosty3799

Diamond Member
Nov 4, 2000
Originally posted by: aphexII
Never heard of it... Im gathering its a restaurant?

yep, mmm good one (use google, you will find it under nick tahous, or garbage plate... one sec i will throw a link in)

isasir

Diamond Member
Aug 8, 2000
Hmm.... I heard of it, somehow, but I live in the NYC area. I wonder if there's one near here, or why exactly did I know of that name.

Frosty3799

Diamond Member
Nov 4, 2000
Originally posted by: RishiS
Hmm.... I heard of it, somehow, but I live in the NYC area. I wonder if there's one near here, or why exactly did I know of that name.

nope, no where but rochester, ny. maybe you have a friend from here?? cause it is a memorable place

isasir

Diamond Member
Aug 8, 2000
Originally posted by: Frosty3799

nope, no where but rochester, ny. maybe you have a friend from here?? cause it is a memorable place

Perhaps. While googling, I came across a site that lists the "Garbage Plate" as being like ~93g of fat. Yikes. I guess I can do w/o attending this place.

Frosty3799

Diamond Member
Nov 4, 2000
Originally posted by: Frosty3799

Perhaps. While googling, I came across a site that lists the "Garbage Plate" as being like ~93g of fat. Yikes. I guess I can do w/o attending this place.

your loss

goldboyd

Golden Member
Oct 12, 1999
Ahhh, Nick Tahous, the only thing I miss from my (brief) time at RIT. Not only was the food great, but just a great atmosphere there at 3 or 4 am on a saturday night. I still have maybe 15 of their water bottle type things from the large sodas.

jaydee

Diamond Member
May 6, 2000
I live 20 miles south of the city. I'll be in Rochester next weekend if you're treating to dinner.

yobarman

Lifer
Jan 11, 2001
werd, representin' RIT here! I've to Mark's and tried their Trash plate for the first time, it was KICK ASS!

I've never been to Nick's though, but a garbage plate is a garbage plate.

We were at a place last night Webster...something Texas Hots....they had the best grabage plate ever!

Frosty3799

Diamond Member
Nov 4, 2000
Originally posted by: jaydee
I live 20 miles south of the city. I'll be in Rochester next weekend if you're treating to dinner.

im not treating.. but i will show you the way if you pay for your own

Frosty3799

Diamond Member
Nov 4, 2000
Originally posted by: yobarman
werd, representin' RIT here! I've to Mark's and tried their Trash plate for the first time, it was KICK ASS!

I've never been to Nick's though, but a garbage plate is a garbage plate.

We were at a place last night Webster...something Texas Hots....they had the best grabage plate ever!

hmm i know the place yo uare talking about in webster.. i have heard of it at least, but never eaten....... and no, a garbage plate isnt a garbage plate.. most are crappy compared to a true tahous one.. i have heard that webster/pittsford place is the best challenger.

yobarman

Lifer
Jan 11, 2001
yeah man, it was amazing... much better than Mark's. They just bust out these huge plates in seconds and the mac salad is amazing. Definately give it a shot if you're into garbage plates :p

morkinva

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 1999
If you've got the nerve to sell something called a 'garbage plate', then it damn well better be good :confused:

Soccer55

Golden Member
Jul 9, 2000
Nick's garbage plates are awesome. It's definitely one of the things I'm going to miss after graduating from UR this Sunday. Nothing like a garbage plate at 2 am to fill you up and leave you with some nice gutrot. :)

-Tom

yobarman

Lifer
Jan 11, 2001
Originally posted by: Soccer55
Nick's garbage plates are awesome. It's definitely one of the things I'm going to miss after graduating from UR this Sunday. Nothing like a garbage plate at 2 am to fill you up and leave you with some nice gutrot. :)

-Tom

Hey since you've been here a while, you must know of any fun things to do in this city. I've been here 9 months and I hate it......I mean i just can't stand the city, there's nothing to do, and most people at RIT are unsocial tools. Can't wait to leave this Sunday.