Poll: Who should direct *the* definitive movie about the Trump campaign and presidency?

Who should direct THE movie/series about Trump's rise and downfall?

• Ron Howard

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Steven Spielberg

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Oliver Stone

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • George Clooney

• Barry Levinson

• Ken Burns

• Michael Moore

• Anyone Else (comment in thread)

Votes: 10 58.8%

• Total voters

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
We all know it's coming. There is just way too much material to not have some sort of epic biopic about the Trump campaign and his Administration. Hell, I think it would make for a very interesting trilogy--early Trump & success, then the campaign/win/inauguration, then the downfall. This could be equal parts comedy (Wag the Dog), geopolitical thriller (Manchurian Candidate/Argo) and weighty drama (Downfall). Or, it could just be a long docu-drama series on TV (The Vietnam War).

So...who should direct the *definitive*, authoritative version of this movie(s)? Who could arguably do the best job condensing this decade into a 130-minute feature or documentary series?

I have a poll with some of the obvious favorites, though I'm souring on Oliver Stone due to his seeming pro-Putin stance.

KMFJD

Lifer
Aug 11, 2005
Ken Burns can make anything look good, so he will definitely have his work cut out for him

snoopy7548

Diamond Member
Jan 1, 2005
Stanley Kubrick is my favorite director, so it has to be him. Think of a cross between Dr. Strangelove and A Clockwork Orange. Heh... orange... Trump does sort of remind me of Dim.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
David Fincher.

..or the Farrely Bros. The film could have success and accuracy under either genre.

Kaido

Elite Member & Kitchen Overlord
Feb 14, 2004
The dude who did Ocean's 11. Do it as the same movie, just with all of the White House players, the various investigations, etc.

Starring Key & Peele, of course.

BurnItDwn

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
While I do agree that Polanski & Verhoeven would be among the top picks. I can think of none other than the great Lloyd Kaufman who has directed masterpieces such as Toxic Avenger, Tromeo & Juliet,Class of Nuke em High, Sgt Kabukiman NYPD, and Poultrygeist: Night of the Chicken Dead.

His films are intentionally bad, half cocked, and over the top. Also, there is always a lot of female nudity. He more or less is perfect for the subject at hand IMO.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
While I do agree that Polanski & Verhoeven would be among the top picks. I can think of none other than the great Lloyd Kaufman who has directed masterpieces such as Toxic Avenger, Tromeo & Juliet,Class of Nuke em High, Sgt Kabukiman NYPD, and Poultrygeist: Night of the Chicken Dead.

His films are intentionally bad, half cocked, and over the top. Also, there is always a lot of female nudity. He more or less is perfect for the subject at hand IMO.

Those are the Troma films, right? What a brilliant suggestion.

CountZero

Golden Member
Jul 10, 2001
A collab with Michael Moore and Alex Jones. The only way to capture the insanity of the whole thing is to put insane people in charge.

Or Peter Jackson circa "Meet the Feebles". I'd be interested in the puppet animal version of the story.

BurnItDwn

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Those are the Troma films, right? What a brilliant suggestion.
Yes, Troma.

Personally, I would have the one and only Alejandro Jodorowski direct it, as he is the only director who could truly capture the surreal nightmare of it all, but, his film would flop at the box office and he would never secure the funding even though his films "Holy Mountain" and to a lesser extent "Santa Sangre"are spectacularly magnificent beyond comprehension or comparison.

GagHalfrunt

Lifer
Apr 19, 2001
Ken Burns can make anything look good, so he will definitely have his work cut out for him

No, nobody wants a 700 hour piece on Trump.

It's got to be Michael Bay. His only skill is taking stories so stupid that they could only appeal to children and turning them into movies so filled with noise, effects and confusion that nobody can turn on their brain enough to notice that they should only appeal to children.

Ns1

No Lifer
Jun 17, 2001
Tarentino, 100%. The diaglogue would be brilliant and vulgar.

Samuel L Jackson plays Ben Carson.

Reactions: [DHT]Osiris