[POLL] Who is your favorite Seinfeld supporting character?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

pyonir

Lifer
Dec 18, 2001
glad to see we have some David Puddy fans in the house! haha you all mentioned my favorite lines..."High Five" "that's right" and the arby's thing.....ROTFL!

gotsmack

Diamond Member
Mar 4, 2001
thanks, luv2chill

did George get fired after his boss sees him running away from old people carrying his cart thing? is that the same company where Kramer gets the intern and tests out the oil bladder?

been so long, hard to remember.

I WANT SEINFELD DVDs

luv2chill

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2000

<< thanks, luv2chill

did George get fired after his boss sees him running away from old people carrying his cart thing? is that the same company where Kramer gets the intern and tests out the oil bladder?

been so long, hard to remember.

I WANT SEINFELD DVDs
>>

Hehe, no that was during his short run at "PlayNow", which is where he went right after the Yankees (and before Kruger Industrial Smoothing). God those few episodes were hilarious. That episode you speak of is when he bumped into that old guy's rascal and then started a fight with all the old people and then hopped on his rascal for a "getaway" and then the senior citizens were like "get the bikes" and they hopped on their rascals in pursuit... oh that scene brings me to tears everytime... that slow motion chase.

So when his boss finally saw that George wasn't handicapped he tried to fire him but george was under contact and wouldn't leave. So they just tried to make life difficult for him to get him to quit, like moving and boarding up his office (LOL... he crawled through the ventillation duct to get in). What finally got him was when he let Kramer and his "intern" demo their plastic oil bladder idea by dropping a plastic ball filled with oil out of the window of the PlayNow office... and it landed on Jerry's girlfriend who didn't like his "Hellllooooooooooooo" voice.

Just thinking about George and the old people in that rascal chase scene is making me laugh...

We definitely need DVDs. I still record that show every day (on my PVR). I don't think I'll ever get tired of watching those episodes.

l2c

Arschloch

Golden Member
Oct 29, 1999
Puddy: Check it out... 8-ball! You got a quesiton, you ask the 8-ball.
Elaine: You're gonna wear this all the time??
Puddy: All signs point to yes!

-----

Puddy: Transport charge, storage surcharge, additional overcharge, finder's fee...
Jerry: Finder's fee?! It was on the lot!
Puddy: Yeah, that's right. Floor mats, keys...
Jerry: Keys?!
Puddy: How ya gonna start it?

and, from the same episode...

Puddy: I don't know too many monkeys who could take apart a fuel injector.
Jerry: I saw one that could do sign language.
Puddy: Yeah I saw that one. Uh... Koko.
Jerry: Yeah, Koko.
Puddy: Right, Koko. That chimp's alright. High five.

I vote Puddy. :)

hevnsnt

Lifer
Mar 18, 2000
my god.. all these puddy refs are cracking me up.. there is nothing funnier than "Yeah thats right"

although the:

Puddy: Transport charge, storage surcharge, additional overcharge, finder's fee...
Jerry: Finder's fee?! It was on the lot!
Puddy: Yeah, that's right. Floor mats, keys...
Jerry: Keys?!
Puddy: How ya gonna start it?

was pretty close! :p

Wingznut

Elite Member
Dec 28, 1999
What was the name of the character that Lloyd Bridges played... He was determined to "whip" Jerry into shape.

"It's go time!"

luv2chill

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2000

<< What was the name of the character that Lloyd Bridges played... He was determined to "whip" Jerry into shape.

"It's go time!"
>>

Izzie Mandelbaum... Mandelbaum! Mandelbaum! Mandelbaum! LOL, his gym was a "fitness museum"!

And Fragile Frankie was the "summer George"... i.e. Jerry's childhood friend during the summers when George wasn't around. He was only in one episode (ninth season) when he got Jerry a car (that ugly van) to replace his Saab that got screwed up when Kramer used his blood as coolant. Frankie is "Fragile" because if he's over made made fun of or disappointed he runs into Central Park, digs a hole and sits in it.

l2c

Jul 12, 2001
oh i also love it when Puddy and Elaine go to the the preist because Puddy isnt mad that Elaine is going to hell

then Puddy finds out he is going to hell too :)

swayinOtis

Banned
Sep 19, 2000
don't forget Puddy's first episode where he took all of them to a NJ Devil's hockey game, and he painted his face. He was a "face painter." Jerry lost it on that. LOL

another classic is when Puddy helped Kramer install a garbage disposal in his shower. Elaine was telling Puddy about this crazy woman at work who was afraid of germs. Puddy told Elaine that he was a recovering "germophobe." he even had a germ pendant that he wore. lol Puddy and Elaine went to see the woman in the hospital. At one point Puddy and Elaine are arguing and Puddy says that Elaine's bedroom slippers are "bacteria traps." lol In the end Kramer makes Puddy, Elaine and the coworker a meal. They are eating a salad when Kramer told them it was made in his shower. "GERMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMS!!!!"

jbahseng

Golden Member
Mar 13, 2001
How did George get fired from Yankees?

edit : Nevermind, luv2chill answered it already.

beat mania

Platinum Member
Jan 23, 2000
I know who that is now, that's the episode where Geroge tried to get it on with his cousin to freak out his parents and they all see George's parents making out in the big van in central park.

luv2chill

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2000

<< I know who that is now, that's the episode where Geroge tried to get it on with his cousin to freak out his parents and they all see George's parents making out in the big van in central park. >>

Yep!! "If this van's a rockin' don't come a knockin'!!" LOL!!! What cracked me up is that George was just going to pretend to get it on with her but she was into it!! Hahahaha that was such a good episode.

l2c

thebestMAX

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2000
Met Mickey and he seemed like a really nice guy.

Baboo really has NO accent at all in real life.

As for the rest, the are all so difunctional, how can you choose?

Ill say "Hello, NEWman" Didnt you love it when the dinosaur got him in "jurassic Park"?

murphy55d

Lifer
Dec 26, 2000
Fragile Frankie was involved in one of my favorite Seinfeld moments ever...during the van thing....

Fragile Frankie sees Jerry's van in central park with George and his cousin, he comes up to the window and starts yelling "seinfeld's van, seinfelds van, seinfelds van!!"

George jumps into the back seat, his cousin says "what's he saying George?"

George says: "Oh my god I think he's saying Son of Sam", he opens up the back door and runs like crazy, yelling "I knew it wasn't Berkowitz!!!!"

That just cracks me up. :)