Poll: who is buying a Nexus 4?

Discussion in 'Mobile Devices & Gadgets' started by pm, Nov 12, 2012.

?

Who is buying a Nexus 4?

1. I'm buying a Nexus 4

2. No LTE on the Nexus 4 means I'm not interested

3. No removeable battery and/or SD card means I'm not interested

4. I'm happy with my current phone

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. pm

pm Elite Member <br> Super Moderator<br>Mobile Device
    Super Moderator

Just out of curiousity.

#1 pm, Nov 12, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2012
  2. Loading...

Similar Threads - Poll buying Nexus Forum Date
    POLL: do the black bars around the screen bother you ?? Mobile Devices & Gadgets Nov 1, 2016
    Poll - What name for Android "O"? Mobile Devices & Gadgets Aug 15, 2016
    Poll: ~$200 device death match, Zenphone2, LG G3, Moto G, Xperia M4 Mobile Devices & Gadgets Nov 5, 2015
    [POLL] do you prefer your micro-usb slot fat side up or fat side down? Mobile Devices & Gadgets May 22, 2015
    poll GS4 vs HTC one...both about to hit the streets,what you buying? Mobile Devices & Gadgets Apr 4, 2013

3. Capt Caveman

Capt Caveman Lifer

Buying both.

Going to be a first time Android owner in a big way. ;)

Actually, I have Google TV but I don't think it really counts.

#2 Capt Caveman, Nov 12, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2012
  4. pm

pm Elite Member <br> Super Moderator<br>Mobile Device
    Super Moderator

Yeah, I nuked the Nexus 10 option because the poll got really confusing. :) I hadn't done a poll in a while.

Funny that it posts the thread even while you are busy writing the poll.

I'm in for a Nexus 4 16GB (wish it was 32GB...). I'm thinking about trying to stay up tonight in the hopes that the rumor about midnight Pacific time is correct.

#3 pm, Nov 12, 2012
  5. Fire&Blood

Fire&Blood Platinum Member

Buying both, both 16GB versions. However, I will opt for 8GB if 16GB is out of stock. Friday delivery would be sweet.

6. ponyo

ponyo Lifer

I'm going to try to buy 4 &10, both 16gb version. Got my alarm set for 12am eastern and 3 am. I don't need it and am happy with what I have now but I know Ill want it later so I might as well get it now.

Both 8&16 sold out in Australia.

7. dagamer34

dagamer34 Platinum Member

Gotta get a Nexus 4 as a daily driver and a Nexus 10 my 10" tablet (already have an iPad mini as my "portable" tablet and getting a Surface Pro as a dev machine for Windows 8). I'm excited!

8. ImDonly1

ImDonly1 Platinum Member

Was semi excited for the Nexus 4 before it was announced. Now, not so much. The heat throttling issues are kind of steering me away. Also, the release of WP8 phones makes me want to get a Lumia 920, but no side loading apps makes me avoid that too.

Will probably stick with my iPhone 4 until something better comes along.

9. gevorg

gevorg Diamond Member

I'm buying it, first Android phone for me, coming from iPhone 4. No SD card is a deal breaker but I'll be fine until Galaxy S4 comes out sometime next year. Definitely won't use Nexus 4 long term like I did with my iPhones (~2 years). Don't care about non-removable battery or LTE.

10. lothar

lothar Diamond Member

I will get it eventually...
    Just not sure if I should get it now or in 2 months(will any potential shortage issues be resolved by then?).

I just renewed my 3 month Straight Talk plan on 10/24 last month...Talk about bad timing.
    I don't want to deal with SIM cutters, and my SIM is still the old model tied with the Nokia E71 that I activated with and have to keep in my sock drawer. I will prefer to break free from that and just go microSIM.
    I don't give a damn about losing my Straight Talk number. I never gave it out to anyone and hell, even I don't know what it is so I won't lose anything. Google Voice FTW!!!

11. DLeRium

DLeRium Lifer

confused. dealbreaker means no go, but you're buying it? lol

Edit: I like the phone. I'm kinda worried about a 32gb version popping up, or holding out hope devs crack the LG Optimus G. I'd rather have the Optimus G with LTE and removable storage AND a better camera. And I freaking hate soft keys.

12. ponyo

ponyo Lifer

Alright, 12 am Eastern passed so I'm going to bed for ~3 hours. I got the Auto Refresh Plus extension setup on Chrome for every 12 seconds so I should be good to go and it should alert me if there is change on the order page.

13. gevorg

gevorg Diamond Member

Dealbreaker for long term, but good enough until SG4 comes out :) If it would had a SD card, I would probably use it for 2 years or so, but that won't be the case.

14. ilkhan

ilkhan Golden Member

Maybe you should try it before using the term "dealbreaker" since its meaning is rather specific.

15. Chrono

Chrono Diamond Member

4AM EST is it? so 1AM PST... 16GB Nexus 4 here I come... just got a one x a 2 months ago... and I have a Lumia 920 I got this past Saturday. Damn.

16. ImDonly1

ImDonly1 Platinum Member

FYI, if you port from the nokia e71 to the byod SIM, your balance transfers over.
    I ported from the nokia e71 to byod and mine transferred over. I sold the phone on craigslist in a day.

Or use this
    http://www.thechinacellphone.com/micro_sim_template.pdf

#15 ImDonly1, Nov 13, 2012
  17. OBLAMA2009

OBLAMA2009 Diamond Member

the dealbreaker is that its only on tmobile, right?

18. dagamer34

dagamer34 Platinum Member

It had a pentaband HPSA+ radio. You can use it on AT&T, but you'll get the best network performance by far on T-Mobile.

19. gevorg

gevorg Diamond Member

I've clarified my use of "dealbreaker", maybe not the right word, but for me, Nexus 4 is just an intro/demo to Android. SD card is actually one of the reasons I'm switching to Android, its just not an "urgent" feature. :)

20. sygyzy

sygyzy Lifer

Really wish I could buy the Nexus 4 but I have another year to go on a Verizon contract with my Galaxy Nexus. The ETF would be really bad - about $230.

21. DLeRium

DLeRium Lifer

where is this 4am est rumor? at this point i swear these are all just rumors now. not sure what to believe, but i'd like to say 9am might be a more reasonable rumor.

22. Fire&Blood

Fire&Blood Platinum Member

Since 5pm, the G+ count on the 16GB version's page went from 4.9k to 6.5k as of 12:28 am central. Not necessarily indicative of anything but some projections can be extracted. It's low profile with little to none mainstream awareness. Just a guesstimate, worldwide they sell 1 million units by Friday, assuming they have the stock (they don't)

#21 Fire&Blood, Nov 13, 2012
  23. lothar

lothar Diamond Member

I think he's only mentioning that so everyone else here wakes up late instead of waking up at 3am EST which only increases his chance of snatching one.
    He's playing with our heads.

To be safe, try 3am EST, 9am EST, and 12pm EST.
    Those are the only times that make any sense.

24. lothar

lothar Diamond Member

Care to explain this part in more detail?
    You had to deal with their customer service though right?

25. magomago

magomago Lifer

i will buy 3 of them - 16 Gigs. Won't put in the order till the end of November though - I'm going to let the 0 Day Adopters find out the major initial set of problems/kinks.

I just hope there aren't backorder issues; I definitely won't settle for 8 Gigs!

26. magomago

magomago Lifer

No doubt it'll be cracked, but I Guarantee you that the Nexus 4 will have a bigger community around it supporting the phone. With luck, almost all the internals are the same save for black box items that accept the same set of inputs and produce the same set of outputs