Poll: Who are you voting for?

Feb 2, 2001
I respect your opinion, but disagree. Obama, I think, will be the greatest post WWII President we've ever had. I'm sure that will start the flaming but that's honestly how I feel.

bamacre

Lifer
Jul 1, 2004
Originally posted by: fluxcapacitorMB
I respect your opinion, but disagree. Obama, I think, will be the greatest post WWII President we've ever had. I'm sure that will start the flaming but that's honestly how I feel.

You disagree with what? For whom I should be voting? Let me tell you how much I care. ;)

BW86

Lifer
Jul 20, 2004
I can tell you one thing - I'm definitely not voting for McCain.

SP33Demon

Lifer
Jun 22, 2001
From my other thread:

FWIW, I'm changing my vote from 3rd Party Lib to Obama just for this election because I'm in Virginia: Obama only has to win Iowa (now solid blue), VA (swingstate), and Kerry's states (he should carry all of them) to win this election. I will castrate myself before I see such a radical social conservative like Palin that close to the button. If spending is Obama's only major flaw then I can live with that, as much as I hate to see government spending. My $.02

TheSlamma

Diamond Member
Sep 6, 2005
Normally 3rd party, but I really need a break from Christian Radicals so I'm going Dem this year.

May 16, 2000
Originally posted by: dmcowen674
Originally posted by: PrinceofWands
neither of those, poll needs additional options.

No it doesn't

Either you are voting for the same Republican agenda

or

doing the only thing we can do once in four years and vote for the other club.

If you choose either of those then you are arguing for a continuation of the exact same thing we've had in this country for 40+ years. Until people start actually exercising their democracy it will continue to atrophy, and leave us at the mercy of those who control us.

Neither of those candidates are worth a damn, both of those parties are abusive farces and a danger to our nation...therefore, the poll requires additional options.

As further proof, I got my ballot today. There are eight listed candidates for president, not 2. Moreover, there's this nifty little line below that where you can write in someone who might actually be a good president for a change...something we haven't seen in a FREAKY long time.

Hugh H

Jul 11, 2008

No it doesn't

or

If you choose either of those then you are arguing for a continuation of the exact same thing we've had in this country for 40+ years. Until people start actually exercising their democracy it will continue to atrophy, and leave us at the mercy of those who control us.

Neither of those candidates are worth a damn, both of those parties are abusive farces and a danger to our nation...therefore, the poll requires additional options.

As further proof, I got my ballot today. There are eight listed candidates for president, not 2. Moreover, there's this nifty little line below that where you can write in someone who might actually be a good president for a change...something we haven't seen in a FREAKY long time.

Good luck getting "that other guy/gal" elected. Reality is, there are 2 viable options... I will vote for the one of those two that best represent my view of where this nation needs to go.

May 16, 2000
Originally posted by: Hugh H

No it doesn't

or

Good luck getting "that other guy/gal" elected. Reality is, there are 2 viable options... I will vote for the one of those two that best represent my view of where this nation needs to go.

They won't win an election for quite a while, but I won't vote for a bad choice, nor someone who in no way represents my views. Neither party represents me worth a crap, therefore I can't vote for them. If either one would accurately describe (and stand by their claims) where this nation needed to go, I'd be on board. They don't, so I won't.

TridenT

Lifer
Sep 4, 2006
Third party candidates won't win.. who cares. >_>

I'm voting for Barack probably.

jpeyton

Moderator in SFF, Notebooks, Pre-Built/Barebones
Aug 23, 2003
Originally posted by: bamacre
None of the above.
Originally posted by: manowar821
Black or white, literally! :p Come on, add in some third party, jerk.
Originally posted by: Chris
Abstaining.
Originally posted by: brxndxn
None of the above
Originally posted by: GTaudiophile
No room in poll for third party candidates?
Right here.

bamacre

Lifer
Jul 1, 2004

No it doesn't

or

:thumbsup: