*poll* Which religion are you? If none, there is still an option in the vote for you!

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

KGB1

Platinum Member
Dec 29, 2001
damn im like the only muslim person in here? :confused: :( Not cool man. Kinda brings about a whole new perspective about this place.

MrDudeMan

Lifer
Jan 15, 2001
Originally posted by: KGB
damn im like the only muslim person in here? :confused: :( Not cool man. Kinda brings about a whole new perspective about this place.

sorry if my thread ruined AT for you... :(

Nitemare

Lifer
Feb 8, 2001
Originally posted by: MrDudeMan
nitemare, i am christian

edit: why do you ask? just curious :)

Used to be Baptist, but most of the peep I knew were untolerant of other religions or hypocrits. Jaded me towards the whole organized religion thing.

ed21x

Diamond Member
Oct 12, 2001
Rastafarianism is NOT a religion. It is a militant belief pioneered by Marcus Garvey that African Americans should move back to Africa and establish a new nation there.

LAUST

Diamond Member
Sep 13, 2000
Originally posted by: DrNoobie
I believe that Jesus was the Messiah, and died for our sins. However, I don't believe in the religious dogma associated with Christianity, where exactly would I fall?
You do not know how much I wish all christians were like you.

Anyway, Agnostic for me

Nitemare

Lifer
Feb 8, 2001
Originally posted by: ed21x
Rastafarianism is NOT a religion. It is a militant belief pioneered by Marcus Garvey that African Americans should move back to Africa and establish a new nation there.

How is atheism, the belief in nothing, a religion...or other religions that don't believe in a God called religions?

Stop being so picky and have some ganja, foo

bigalt

Golden Member
Oct 12, 2000
on u.f.orb there's some weird phone call, where marcus garvey is leaving a message for haile selassie. it took me about 3 years to get it but when I did it was pretty funny.

hjo3

Diamond Member
May 22, 2003
damn im like the only muslim person in here? :confused:
Uh... this confuses you? Most ATers live in English-speaking countries. In these countries, Islam is a fairly rare religion.

:( Not cool man.
rolleye.gif

MrDudeMan

Lifer
Jan 15, 2001
Originally posted by: hjo3
Uh... this confuses you? Most ATers live in English-speaking countries. In these countries, Islam is a fairly rare religion.

rolleye.gif

while i didnt see the need for the rolling eyes, i do agree that it shouldnt be confusing that muslims are heavily outnumbered on the forums

KGB1

Platinum Member
Dec 29, 2001
Originally posted by: MrDudeMan
Originally posted by: hjo3

rolleye.gif

while i didnt see the need for the rolling eyes, i do agree that it shouldnt be confusing that muslims are heavily outnumbered on the forums

Seriously, what is with the rolling of the eyes? I was just rather discontented to find out there are many few "believers" of my faith. There is no reason to pass me off so unconditionally, I might be a minority but my opinions do count.... (unless the rules of constitution do not reach as far as the interwab? :p ).

No Mr Dudeman, ATOT is still a cool place to read some interesting topics ;), but I will be more weary about the comments that I make.

MrDudeMan

Lifer
Jan 15, 2001
Originally posted by: SWScorch
agnostic.

not to pick on anyone in particular, but scorch, how did you come to this conclusion? i am just curious what people think, not trying to be a troll :)

MrDudeMan

Lifer
Jan 15, 2001
Originally posted by: n0cmonkey
Whoever voted for scientology should be ashamed.

haha well i am not one to pass an opinion on that, but i wont say i disagree ;)

KGB - just remember its a message board and many people hide behind their egos, so dont take anything to heart :)

n0cmonkey

Elite Member
Jun 10, 2001
Originally posted by: BAMAVOO
Christian/Catholic

These two don't belong together as far as I am concerned.

Non-catholic Christian denominations are just watered down catholicism.

skace

Lifer
Jan 23, 2001
Originally posted by: MercenaryForHire
A Theist, an Atheist, and a Nontheist sit down to dinner.

Theist: "THERE IS A GOD AND I CAN PROVE IT!"
Atheist: "LIAR! THERE IS NO GOD AND I CAN PROVE IT!"
Nontheist: "You gonna eat your steak or what?"

That's about as serious as you'll get me. ;)

- M4H

I voted athiest, but apparently I am a nonthiest. I always thought of athiest as nonthiest as I don't seek to disprove that god exists only that it not interfere with my daily life.