*poll* Which religion are you? If none, there is still an option in the vote for you!

MrDudeMan

Lifer
Jan 15, 2001
Originally posted by: bigalt
i'm agnostic. only philosophers can be atheists.

cool. i dont know enough about it to make an informed opinion on the matter.

MrDudeMan

Lifer
Jan 15, 2001
Originally posted by: MercenaryForHire
Nontheist.

- M4H

im curious. explain please

edit: and try to be serious. i know its hard for you, but dont link to a pic or use a one-liner. i want a genuine M4H explaination(sp?).

bradruth

Lifer
Aug 9, 2002
Agnostic I suppose. Not athiest, but I don't follow any specific religion and I accept the possibility that there is no God.

Lonyo

Lifer
Aug 10, 2002
Judaism and Christian?
Surely Jewish or Christian
OR Judaism and Christianity.

Keep the naming scheme the same, either name or religion, or name of believer :p

Atheist here. Doing a beginners philosophy as well, so it's justifiable :p

Saulbadguy

Diamond Member
Jan 27, 2003
Originally posted by: MrDudeMan
Nontheist.

- M4H

edit: and try to be serious. i know its hard for you, but dont link to a pic or use a one-liner. i want a genuine M4H description.

geniuine M4H description? I think the only time you will get more than a lame cliched one liner or a link to an OWN3D pic is when he is replying to something about a car, or canada.

Platypus

Lifer
Apr 26, 2001
Originally posted by: Saulbadguy
Nontheist.

- M4H

edit: and try to be serious. i know its hard for you, but dont link to a pic or use a one-liner. i want a genuine M4H description.

geniuine M4H description? I think the only time you will get more than a lame cliched one liner or a link to an OWN3D pic is when he is replying to something about a car, or canada.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzing

MrDudeMan

Lifer
Jan 15, 2001
Nontheist.

- M4H

haha nice :)

MrDudeMan

Lifer
Jan 15, 2001
Originally posted by: Lonyo
Judaism and Christian?
Surely Jewish or Christian
OR Judaism and Christianity.

Keep the naming scheme the same, either name or religion, or name of believer :p

Atheist here. Doing a beginners philosophy as well, so it's justifiable :p

im not totally sure, but im pretty sure they arent nearly the same thing.

Jan 31, 2002
Nontheist.

- M4H

edit: and try to be serious. i know its hard for you, but dont link to a pic or use a one-liner. i want a genuine M4H explaination(sp?).

A Theist, an Atheist, and a Nontheist sit down to dinner.

Theist: "THERE IS A GOD AND I CAN PROVE IT!"
Atheist: "LIAR! THERE IS NO GOD AND I CAN PROVE IT!"
Nontheist: "You gonna eat your steak or what?"

That's about as serious as you'll get me. ;)

- M4H

TheNinja

Lifer
Jan 22, 2003
Am I correct in saying that the main difference between atheism and agnosticism(sp?) is that atheism is the belief there is no god and agnosticism says their might be a god or many gods?

MrDudeMan

Lifer
Jan 15, 2001
Nontheist.

- M4H

A Theist, an Atheist, and a Nontheist sit down to dinner.

Theist: "THERE IS A GOD AND I CAN PROVE IT!"
Atheist: "LIAR! THERE IS NO GOD AND I CAN PROVE IT!"
Nontheist: "You gonna eat your steak or what?"

That's about as serious as you'll get me. ;)

- M4H

if it works for you, it works for me ;)

Warthog912

Golden Member
Jun 17, 2001
Nontheist.

- M4H

I was gonna take M4H's side until I thought about it, and bygolly- you're right. Rice and Canada that's about all we get of M4H, what a pair. (Canada + Rice) Canadian Rice....

MrDudeMan

Lifer
Jan 15, 2001
Originally posted by: Staley8
Am I correct in saying that the main difference between atheism and agnosticism(sp?) is that atheism is the belief there is no god and agnosticism says their might be a god or many gods?

some people have a different idea of what it really means, but AFAIK, agnostic means you dont think there is a god and atheist means you think there is one but you accept the possibility that there isnt one...

correct me if i am wrong please

Lonyo

Lifer
Aug 10, 2002
Originally posted by: Staley8

Agnostics don't deny the possibility of god(s). Atheists do.

bigalt

Golden Member
Oct 12, 2000
Originally posted by: Twista
pls add "BAPTIST"

go away if you are just going to start a flamefest please

well, as far as I'm concerned, catholic and baptist are just as far apart as hindu and buddhist. or is there a precedent to mentioning baptist=flamefest?