Poll: Which political party?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Amused

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2001
Where is the choice for Libertarian? Green? Reform? Independent?

I'm sure there's more, but not everyone is part of the Republicrat/Dempublican party.

Raspewtin

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 1999
there's only one party, they just where two different masks to makes us think we have choices.

BTW Republican != Conservative, and Democrat != Liberal. The tax cut is hardly a conservative measure.

SpongeBob

Platinum Member
Jan 16, 2001
I stopped hugging a tree just long enough to click on your poll and find that there's no choice for Green Party. Whassup with that?!!

GasX

Lifer
Feb 8, 2001
I am intelligent and therefore Republican

edit: I am intelligent and therefore conflicted by the Pro-Life platform...

Khameleon

Apr 12, 2001
Green Party. After reading through their platform, I found that they most represent my views concerning the way government should work. Like all political parties, they don't necessarily have all of the answers, but I agree with a great deal of what they want to accomplish.

Green Party (Nader) Platform

There used to be a link with a side by side comparison of the two national green party platforms, but that link is dead now.

Mikal

Platinum Member
Apr 11, 2001
I am a marxist! "Hail Hail Freedonia!"

The Commissariat: Groucho, Chico & Harpo

JellyBaby

Diamond Member
Apr 21, 2000
Does it even matter anymore? At the national level Joe and Jane Q. Public vote for the most camera-impressive individual, simple as that.

State-level on down, though, there are some wily indies and libbies that are sure worth a look. At least these guys are willing to drop failed programs and spend money wisely.

Finality

Platinum Member
Oct 9, 1999
GL has a very good point. Ideally we would all like to be conservative and have an *ideal* system.

However I am liberal because I desperately see the need for change all over the world not just in this country.

I long for the day when I can be a Conservative :)

dukdukgoos

Golden Member
Dec 1, 1999
You should change the poll to include Independant, Green, Libertarian, Reform, etc. The Democrat and Republican parties are stagnant and need to die.