Poll: Which came first, the chicken or the egg?

WinkOsmosis

Banned
Sep 18, 2002
The first chicken, and there had to be a first chicken, had to come from an egg. The parent wasn't a chicken. Therefore the egg came first.

krunchykrome

Lifer
Dec 28, 2003
The first chicken, and there had to be a first chicken, had to come from an egg. The parent wasn't a chicken. Therefore the egg came first.

The egg has to come from a chicken. It didn't just grow on a tree.

Ness

Diamond Member
Jul 10, 2002
Originally posted by: WinkOsmosis

How do you know the first chicken wasn't the result of some live birthing animal miraculously mating with a bird, in which the animal gave live birth to the chicken, which subsequently mated with other birds and built on the genetics of egg bearing... or something.

;)

Kelemvor

Lifer
May 23, 2002
Chickens first came to be from mating two other creatures (I forget what they were called), which produced what we know as today's Chicken. The egg came first because the parents weren't chickens. The combination of the two parents created the chicken.... but he was in the egg. :)

notfred

Lifer
Feb 12, 2001
Originally posted by: krunchykrome

The egg has to come from a chicken. It didn't just grow on a tree.

The egg came from some kind of reptilian animal or something.

krunchykrome

Lifer
Dec 28, 2003
Chickens first came to be from mating two other creatures (I forget what they were called), which produced what we know as today's Chicken. The egg came first because the parents weren't chickens. The combination of the two parents created the chicken.... but he was in the egg.

And what/who exactly were the parents?

VictorLazlo

Jul 23, 2003
Chickens first came to be from mating two other creatures (I forget what they were called), which produced what we know as today's Chicken. The egg came first because the parents weren't chickens. The combination of the two parents created the chicken.... but he was in the egg.

Some other creature that wasn't technically a chicken, but close.

Mr N8

Diamond Member
Dec 3, 2001
Originally posted by: VictorLazlo

Some other creature that wasn't technically a chicken, but close.

IIRC, they were called "Bill" and "Monica."

arcenite

Lifer
Dec 9, 2001
As someone stated above... the first "chicken" came from two different animals... so, the egg came first

marquee

Banned
Aug 25, 2003
I had eggs for breakfast and chicken for lunch. So for me, the egg came before the chicken.

ThePresence

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2001
A chicken and an egg are lying in bed.
The chicken is smoking a cigarette with a satisfied smile on its face.
The egg is frowning and looks a bit pissed off.
The egg mutters to no one in particular, "Well, I guess we finally answered THAT question!"

gwlam12

Diamond Member
Apr 4, 2001
whatever it was, it was probably just a bunch of cells at first that eventually evolved into the chicken or the egg.