POLL: What happened in your worst breakup?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

DurocShark

Lifer
Apr 18, 2001
Originally posted by: Rufio

durocshark -- how can you still be w/your wife??? if that happened to me, i would never be abl eto do that. and those cops are cool - do you live in a small town or somehting?

Nope, Anaheim, CA. But cops around here tend to be smarter than your average cop, IMHO. The jerk cops I run into are like in Irvine and Brea and such.

And I don't know why I'm able to stay with her. Guess I'm just too easy going.

Encryptic

Diamond Member
May 21, 2003
I don't have any "beating the living crap out of the guy I caught boning my wife" stories, thankfully. :D

My wife (girlfriend at the time) broke up with me *3* times before we got married. The reason? I could be a really nice, sweet guy (which is part of why she fell for me in the first place), but I had serious anger management problems (unfortunately inherited this bad trait from my asshole father). Nothing physical, mind you. We'd argue about something, I'd get really pissed off and start yelling at her. She dumped my ass 3 times over this before I finally got a clue and forced myself to go to anger management classes for several months. We got married shortly after the classes ended. :D

The 3rd and final time she broke up with me was one of the worst days of my life, but it ended happily... I had just gotten home in the afternoon on a Friday. I was pissed off at myself because I had tried to make an appointment to go to a therapist and talk to her about my problems, but I couldn't find the address. So I drive home, steaming mad, get into a fight with my girlfriend because I didn't go, she tells me to get out of her place. I go home, spend that evening and most of the next day getting stoned and moping around. Finally crash out about 11:00.

I wake up a couple of hours later to see my girlfriend sitting on my bed and stroking my hair. I'm like "What are you doing here?", because I thought we were over for good. Well, turns out she was went out clubbing with some friends and they all took X. She ended up back at her friend's house and decided to come see me because she missed me. We proceeded to spend the rest of the night having hot make-up sex. :D

Flash forward to 2 1/2 years later. We're still happily married and I've dealt with most of my personal demons. It was a long hard struggle, but I'm finally becoming somewhat happy with myself in general.

Bryophyte

Lifer
Apr 25, 2001
Only dumped once by someone I loved. I dated him for a couple years when we were freshmen/sophomores in college and broke up with him. About three years and two serious boyfriends (one fiance) later, we start going out again, long distance (nine hour drive). Lasts about 8 months, then on last trip to visit, he dumps me. Late in the evening, too late to safely drive home. So I stay one last night, really really good, brokenhearted breakup sex. Exactly like Bonnie Raitt's "I can't make you love me" song. Went home, added his best friend to my list of frequent Fvkc-Buddies for the next six months or so. Made sure to answer the phone at his house when my ex called.

*Sigh* I'm not 23 anymore.

SP33Demon

Lifer
Jun 22, 2001
Originally posted by: shinerburke
Originally posted by: SP33Demon
My worst breakup was two years ago. Met this girl, we had been dating for a year. At that point I'd never felt as high or low whenever things were good or bad with this drama queen. I ended up buying her a platinum ring, as a precursor to our engagement... she lived with me for 3 months in the summer during my internship (when she didn't pay for a dam thing and had no job!) and during that fall I had to go back to school for my final semester. Obviously, she couldn't handle the long distance relationship (she was in NJ and I was in WV, 5.5 hours away).

She ended up hanging out with this other guy and I caught her because I was drunk and accidently hacked her email with my friends (gee, wouldn't it be funny if her password was my name lol???). After I found out she lied to me about the guy, she told me it was b/c she thought I took her for granted, that selfish b*tch!! I drove every other weekend 330 miles to see her, and with 21 credits senior year.

I go to her college knowing I was going to break it off. I got her pissy drunk and did her in the uhhhh :) I install a keylogger on her laptop and find out she's now banging this guy as well!!! In the keylogger, I also find out that he was checking his email on her laptop, and get his email account password as well :evil:

Finally everything blows up. I called her up, and told her I hacked her account. Deleted all her emails and all her buddy list (AOL). I did the same for the b/f, and changed both their passwords... Later I find out that HIS MOM had to call AOL for an hour to get them to finally change his password back!! ahah sooooo During the phone call, HE WALKS IN HER APT and she puts HIM ON THE PHONE. I was 24 at the time, and this punk is 21 so I'm outwitting him rather handily and he gets frustrated. He then thinks he's funny and puts me on speakerphone, for HER ROOMATES AND HIS FRIENDS TO HEAR (in her apt living room). He says, well now she wants me. I said great you can have her, she's not worth a f*cking penny! I then say "Oh, and where was she last weekend? I'll tell u where! On the couch that you're now probably sitting on, drunk as f**k yelling WHEN I STUCK IT IN HER @$$!!! All of sudden I hear her saying HANG UP HANG UP all quick and she was probably jumping over the coffee table to hang it up. I was LMAO. Oh and this was after earlier, when we were talking on the phone, I told her I cheated on her with my ex g/f (who she hated) and she said she had curled into a ball and cried for two hours on the floor...

I am the payback king. 2 months after my graduation, we reconciled and I b*ned her one last time (sex was good). I was nice and didn't even stick it in her.......... yeah lol. I never returned any of her calls after that.
Ummm....you handled that rather poorly. Hacking into her email, spying on her? If you had those kind of trust issues you should have just ended the relationship and gone another direction. Being a dick about things is not making it any better or making you somehow superior to her.
Yeah I was just doing it as a joke one day when I was lit up with some friends... her account was still up on my computer so my friend wuz like, u get 3 guesses! haha. Girls can be such idiots sometimes. I was a dck after I knew the relationship was unsalvagable, i.e. any girl that cheats once is one time too many. They're out the door...

CastorTr0y

Jun 18, 2003
Originally posted by: BigDan
Only dumped once by someone I loved. I dated him for a couple years when we were freshmen/sophomores in college and broke up with him. About three years and two serious boyfriends (one fiance) later, we start going out again, long distance (nine hour drive). Lasts about 8 months, then on last trip to visit, he dumps me. Late in the evening, too late to safely drive home. So I stay one last night, really really good, brokenhearted breakup sex. Exactly like Bonnie Raitt's "I can't make you love me" song. Went home, added his best friend to my list of frequent Fvkc-Buddies for the next six months or so. Made sure to answer the phone at his house when my ex called.

your sn is bigdan and you go out with guys. are you homosexual, or a chick that has an odd sn?

Bryophyte

Lifer
Apr 25, 2001
Originally posted by: CastorTr0y
Originally posted by: BigDan

your sn is bigdan and you go out with guys. are you homosexual, or a chick that has an odd sn?

Chick. Maybe I should change my nick to Serena

SpiderX

Golden Member
Jan 16, 2002
Wow. I know since it's mostly guys on ATOT that we're seeing a lot of one sided dealings. But jeez it seems like a lot of the women in our lives have cheated on us.

My latest girlfriend cheated on me, I'm not sure what the final count was. I'll never know, we were living about 600km's apart. At one point I'm pretty sure she was boffing her manager, who was 36 and engaged at the time. About 3 months after we broke up she calls me crying, telling me that she has clamyadia and that she either got it from me or her new guy. Real nice. (I didn't have it, thank god) But not only was she cheating on me, while telling me everyday that she would love me forever, she was putting me at risk for std's.

Women are evil. ;)

SP33Demon

Lifer
Jun 22, 2001
Originally posted by: SpiderX
Wow. I know since it's mostly guys on ATOT that we're seeing a lot of one sided dealings. But jeez it seems like a lot of the women in our lives have cheated on us.

My latest girlfriend cheated on me, I'm not sure what the final count was. I'll never know, we were living about 600km's apart. At one point I'm pretty sure she was boffing her manager, who was 36 and engaged at the time. About 3 months after we broke up she calls me crying, telling me that she has clamyadia and that she either got it from me or her new guy. Real nice. (I didn't have it, thank god) But not only was she cheating on me, while telling me everyday that she would love me forever, she was putting me at risk for std's.

Women are evil. ;)

Yeah that sorta reminds me of the time I broke up with this girl when we were 17/18 b/c she moved away. One day, I find out she's in town at her dad's house visiting for the weekend. So we hook it up and things are getting hot and steamy, and bam she wants to have sex. I tell her, but I don't have one so we shouldn't... we end up doing it anyway. Next day she calls me and is like, "I really care about you so I'm telling you this... BUT I have gonnorhea and chylamydia! Please get checked out asap". I was in such shock, I almost broke my leg running to grab my cell phone and call a doctor. Somehow, out of complete miracle, my hotdog was ok after 5 minutes in "the dumpster" hehe. There isn't a day that goes by that I don't thank my lucky stars for that one. Yes, women are evil and *SELFISH*.

dquan97

Lifer
Jul 9, 2002
so many sad stories.

The worst one for me was in 12th grade in HS. She was my first gf (her: 9th grade, cheerleader, HOT!). We both went to different schools about a few miles from each other. After six months of going out casually (it was a PG relationship), she stopped returning my calls and suddenly didn't have time to spend with me. A friend of mine who went to the same school as her told me that she was cheatng on me, but I didn't really put much thought into it.

I knew that she was in the swim team, so I wanted to surprise her and went to her swim meet to cheer her on. While sitting on the bleachers, I saw her and the team manager (9th grader) holding hands while they walked around. I felt so disgusted that I just had to leave. I wrote her a note, telling her that I'm going to college and that I wanted to focus on my studies, so it was best for us to break up. She didn't really say anything after she read it...I guess she was over me by then.

shiner

Lifer
Jul 18, 2000
Originally posted by: dquan97
so many sad stories.

The worst one for me was in 12th grade in HS. She was my first gf (her: 9th grade, cheerleader, HOT!). We both went to different schools about a few miles from each other. After six months of going out casually (it was a PG relationship), she stopped returning my calls and suddenly didn't have time to spend with me. A friend of mine who went to the same school as her told me that she was cheatng on me, but I didn't really put much thought into it.

I knew that she was in the swim team, so I wanted to surprise her and went to her swim meet to cheer her on. While sitting on the bleachers, I saw her and the team manager (9th grader) holding hands while they walked around. I felt so disgusted that I just had to leave. I wrote her a note, telling her that I'm going to college and that I wanted to focus on my studies, so it was best for us to break up. She didn't really say anything after she read it...I guess she was over me by then.
What the hell were you doing dating a freshman when you were a senior?

SP33Demon

Lifer
Jun 22, 2001
so many sad stories.

Hey, if there's grass on the field, play ball!

Ameesh

Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
My worst breakup was two years ago. Met this girl, we had been dating for a year. At that point I'd never felt as high or low whenever things were good or bad with this drama queen. I ended up buying her a platinum ring, as a precursor to our engagement... she lived with me for 3 months in the summer during my internship (when she didn't pay for a dam thing and had no job!) and during that fall I had to go back to school for my final semester. Obviously, she couldn't handle the long distance relationship (she was in NJ and I was in WV, 5.5 hours away).

She ended up hanging out with this other guy and I caught her because I was drunk and accidently hacked her email with my friends (gee, wouldn't it be funny if her password was my name lol???). After I found out she lied to me about the guy, she told me it was b/c she thought I took her for granted, that selfish b*tch!! I drove every other weekend 330 miles to see her, and with 21 credits senior year.

I go to her college knowing I was going to break it off. I got her pissy drunk and did her in the uhhhh :) I install a keylogger on her laptop and find out she's now banging this guy as well!!! In the keylogger, I also find out that he was checking his email on her laptop, and get his email account password as well :evil:

Finally everything blows up. I called her up, and told her I hacked her account. Deleted all her emails and all her buddy list (AOL). I did the same for the b/f, and changed both their passwords... Later I find out that HIS MOM had to call AOL for an hour to get them to finally change his password back!! ahah sooooo During the phone call, HE WALKS IN HER APT and she puts HIM ON THE PHONE. I was 24 at the time, and this punk is 21 so I'm outwitting him rather handily and he gets frustrated. He then thinks he's funny and puts me on speakerphone, for HER ROOMATES AND HIS FRIENDS TO HEAR (in her apt living room). He says, well now she wants me. I said great you can have her, she's not worth a f*cking penny! I then say "Oh, and where was she last weekend? I'll tell u where! On the couch that you're now probably sitting on, drunk as f**k yelling WHEN I STUCK IT IN HER @$$!!! All of sudden I hear her saying HANG UP HANG UP all quick and she was probably jumping over the coffee table to hang it up. I was LMAO. Oh and this was after earlier, when we were talking on the phone, I told her I cheated on her with my ex g/f (who she hated) and she said she had curled into a ball and cried for two hours on the floor...

I am the payback king. 2 months after my graduation, we reconciled and I b*ned her one last time (sex was good). I was nice and didn't even stick it in her.......... yeah lol. I never returned any of her calls after that.

THAT IS FVCKIN AWSOME! YOU DA MAN! LMAO!

Spamela

Diamond Member
Oct 30, 2000
a h.s./college gf broke up with me after we'd been going together about 2 years.
she cheated on me & it just about killed me.

she called me a few weeks later because she was feeling
suicidal after finding out the single life wasn't too great &,
like a fool, i took her back (the biggest mistake i've ever made).

she broke up with me again a few months later for good.

there were lots of signs that things weren't right, but i
was too much in love to believe anything was seriously wrong.

i learned some heavy lessons from those experiences.

dquan97

Lifer
Jul 9, 2002
so many sad stories.

hormones.

Iron Woode

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 10, 1999
after reading all these sad stories, I can only come to one conclusion:

women = teh evil

shiner

Lifer
Jul 18, 2000
so many sad stories.

Ummm hmmm.....one bit of advice to you for your trip to prison. If you drop the soap in the shower, don't bend down to pick it up. They don't call it the pokey for nothing.

Encryptic

Diamond Member
May 21, 2003
Originally posted by: Iron Woode
after reading all these sad stories, I can only come to one conclusion:

women = teh evil

Yes, women=teh evil. BUT, they control the poontang. Live with it. :D

Rufio

Banned
Mar 18, 2003
Originally posted by: DurocShark
Originally posted by: Rufio

durocshark -- how can you still be w/your wife??? if that happened to me, i would never be abl eto do that. and those cops are cool - do you live in a small town or somehting?

Nope, Anaheim, CA. But cops around here tend to be smarter than your average cop, IMHO. The jerk cops I run into are like in Irvine and Brea and such.

And I don't know why I'm able to stay with her. Guess I'm just too easy going.

woah u live near me. :p

Feb 24, 2001
She was on the rag and moaning and bitching like usual.

So she's going on and on about some shizit and I just have that blank stare on my face. She starts chewing my ass out and gives a pause for me to apologize or something.

I just say "sorry I can't understand you, I don't speak bitch"

Ho ho!

This didn't really happen I ripped it from some comic :p