POLL - What do you think of the Houston Rockets new logo?

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
i liked the old logo better. the one they won the championships under

phreakah

Platinum Member
Feb 9, 2002
haha i like the old one better. kinda reminds me of the quake logo but with an R

boo ^^^ beat me

Jul 1, 2000
Originally posted by: Jugernot
Anyone else think that is looks like a bloody R?

It looks like booster rocket trails to me. It is kinda growing on me. Hopefully they will tweak it a little before it gets slapped on a jersey.

Bootprint

Diamond Member
Jan 11, 2002
It sort of looks like something from old style Russian posters.

I just hope they don't use the saying, when in Houston...

shiner

Lifer
Jul 18, 2000
Hmmm....well....it looks better than a pile of monkey dung....but not by much.

Rogue

Banned
Jan 28, 2000
The Quake thing is exactly what I thought. There's some 16 year old that designed this for his dad in a warez version of Photoshop sitting at home right now laughing his ass off that it even got through the process. His father passed it off as his own "ingenious work that just hit me while on the $hitter one night" and now he's forever indebted to his kid for it. Yeah, that sounds about right.... :D

Jul 1, 2000
Actually - it was designed by an academy award winning designer.

Execution of that directive fell to Eiko Ishioka, who won an Academy Award in 1993 for costume design in Bram Stoker's Dracula. Ishioka initially signed on to design uniforms but came up with a logo that was adopted by Rockets owner Leslie Alexander.
"What Eiko saw was the amount of upward motion that is unique to basketball and characterizes the sport," McDougall said. "When you look at the logo, you get the same feel of upward motion that the sport gives you."

I have a .jpg of a jersey design that has been floating around a couple of sites. Anyone wanna host?