POLL: What do you play more, your 360 or PS3?

Discussion in 'Console Gaming' started by Doppel, Nov 27, 2012.

?

What do you play GAMES on more between 360 and PS3?

1. None of the following options are suitable for me

2. Xbox 360 is used the most for games

3. PS3 is used the most for games

4. Play games on both around the same amount

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Doppel

Doppel Lifer

As stated. I realize many don't have both consoles or don't/can't answer for some other reason (e.g. they play neither despite owning both).

Please only choose one of the last 3 options if you actually own both systems and both are in working order :D

2. Loading...

Similar Threads - POLL play Forum Date
    Been playing Skyrim since Day One, never knew this Console Gaming May 30, 2017
    PS4 pro or second GTX 1080 for SLI? Poll. Console Gaming Nov 6, 2016
    What were the best Xbox One games of E3? [POLL] Console Gaming Jun 23, 2015
    Poll: feasible? Do ya think it can work? Console Gaming Jan 16, 2015
    The Official AT PS4 DOA Thread (Poll) Console Gaming Nov 16, 2013

3. etrigan420

etrigan420 Golden Member

Own a PS3, 360, and a Wii.

The PS3 is attached to the main TV in the living room, and it gets played the most by me, my 19 year old daughter, and 11 year old son.

The Wii is attached to the same TV and gets played occasionally by my 11 year old son, 6 year old daughter, and 5 year old son.

The 360 is upstairs on the loft TV and gets played...very rarely.

4. KentState

KentState Diamond Member

I have both an Xbox and PS3 attached to my tv downstairs, a second Xbox in my "man cave" and the Wii is our bedroom. The Xbox is about the only thing that ever gets used and it's frequent. I'm not even sure when the PS3 was lasted used and the Wii hasn't been on in a year.

5. Doppel

Doppel Lifer

Is that by design; it's in the least used place because you don't care for it or if it and the PS3 were swapped out would you simply use it more? The 360/ps3 overlap so hugely.

Part of the reason I opened the thread is I have a PS3 unopened from BF and on the fence as to whether I should open it. I am interested in some of the exclusives, but it's not like I've even got the time to play the best games on the 360 anyway!

6. Dumac

Dumac Diamond Member

I have like 3 Xbox games and 30 PS3 games.

7. zerocool84

zerocool84 Lifer

It all depends. If I'm playing with my friends it'll be Xbox because most multi platform games are better on it but the exclusives on PS3 are MUCH better.

8. cmdrdredd

cmdrdredd Lifer

I don't touch my xbox ever unless it's for Halo or Forza. Pretty much everything that is available for both PS3 or Xbox is on PS3 cause I like the PS3 controller a ton better.(unless there is a good PC version).

9. Sulaco

Sulaco Diamond Member

Almost exactly the reverse. 40 360 games, 4 PS3 games.

#8 Sulaco, Nov 27, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2012
  10. IamDavid

IamDavid Diamond Member

Watching nfl Sunday ticket count? 9 hours of watching football be played ever Sunday on my ps3.

11. KentState

KentState Diamond Member

I'm at 45 to 12. I have however traded in about 10 additional 360 games. There may be another 6 Wii games around the house somewhere.

12. thegimp03

thegimp03 Diamond Member

I have a Wii attached to the main TV in the living room, a PS3 attached to a bedroom TV, and a 360 hooked up to a large LCD in the office. The 360 gets used most often by me to play games and the PS3 is used mainly for streaming Netflix and stuff from a PC. The Wii gets used when we have groups of people over who feel like firing up Mario Kart.

13. etrigan420

etrigan420 Golden Member

Mmmm, kind of. The PS3 has the Blu-Ray, which is the *main* reason it's on the living room TV. Plus it serves Netflix, Amazon Prime, etc. etc.

So it kind of became the main system, for me at least. Plus the fact that I *refuse* to pay Microsoft to allow me to watch the Netflix that I already pay Netflix for...(I don't multi-play games...at all...YMMV of course)

If it were *me*, and you're already paying for Live? Take the PS3 back. Especially if you have no interest in Blu-Ray. The exclusives wouldn't make it worth it...for me.

The PS3 is more of an "Entertainment System" that also happens to play games, while the 360 seems like more of a "Strictly Gaming" system. At 41 with 4 kids, I value the former more than the latter.

Not trying to rustle any jimmies...just my thoughts. ;)

14. Fingolfin269

Fingolfin269 Lifer

360 is primary for me. PS3 is for Uncharted and blu-ray.

15. Durvelle27

Durvelle27 Diamond Member

I have a PS3, Xbox 360, & Wii mostly game on my pc though unless some friends want to play than its the xbox 360

16. Anubis

Anubis No Lifer

PS3 by a ton
    my Xbox is pretty much only used for playing Halo

17. spacejamz

spacejamz Diamond Member

Have 2 PS3's (living room and bedroom) and a 360 (living room)...

My 360 was getting heavy use until the Kinect novelty wore off...Both PS3's still gets heavy netflix/blu ray use...

UPS dropped off my Wii U last Monday and it is still in the box...

18. DAPUNISHER

DAPUNISHER Super Moderator<br>Elite Member

I play exclusives and PS2 games on my launch 60GB PS3. Everything else on 360 or og xbox. The PS3 gets most of the media workload though. It seems like Amazon instant/Prime instant have a better control interface and features on PS3. Plus I did not buy the remote for 360 and my PS3 was a bundle hot deal bitd and included one. Bluray discs being so affordable, means any movie I buy is basically a PS3 exclusive.

In the final analysis, I made the best choice choosing to own both this gen.

19. Pr0d1gy

Pr0d1gy Diamond Member

Every 360 I ever owned died. Same as my launch Xbox did a year after I bought it. I'd never bother with another Xbox product. I voted for PS3 before I noticed the in working condition in the OP. Oh well, seriously, Xbox can suck it anyways.

20. Todd33

Todd33 Diamond Member

I started the first half of this gen with a Wii, 360, PS3 and PC.

I'm down to the PS3 and PC. The Wii was a turd and the 360 went full-retard with Kinect (and I went through three of them before the trade in). Beside Gears 3 I didn't miss one game that I couldn't get elsewhere.

I play my PS3 75% of the time (four controllers or Move for local co-op with the family), exclusives and multi-platforms that are not better on the PC. My PC is for cheap Steam games that I missed elsewhere. I just finished Prototype 2 and bought LoTR War in the North, Witcher 2, Spec Ops, and a few others to add to my huge backlog.

I stick to controller supported games on the PC and use Steam big picture mode. It's like have a big noisy console that can run games at 1080P 60fps and the games cost $5-$15.

21. JackBurton

JackBurton Lifer

I have 2 360s and 2 PS3s, and I rarely play on my 360s. Not because I prefer the PS3, but because that's what my friend has and we normally play online. I'd MUCH rather play on my 360s with XBox Live instead of the junk PSN, but that's not an option.

22. Dumac

Dumac Diamond Member

For those of you who favor the Xbox, do you not have a gaming PC?

23. gorb

gorb Senior member

I've probably only used my 360 a handful of times in the last several years. The PS3 gets used often as a bluray player, and I've only played a handful of games on it in the last few years as well. It's hard to find time to play games :(

24. Todd33

Todd33 Diamond Member

That is a good question, the overlap on the games is so large, with a good PC why own a 360? A fair amount of "exclusives" it has are just PC ports. I guess if you are a Halo, Gears or Forza guy (lol @ Fable) it makes some sense. surely not for Kinect or paying to play online right?

25. exar333

exar333 Diamond Member

X360 for games and PS3 for BD/media playing.

26. Nvidiaguy07

Nvidiaguy07 Platinum Member

I use 360 primarily. The most apparent reason is because that's what everyone i know plays on. Out of my circle of friends and family, i only have one cousin with a PS3. All other friends, family, teammates, classmates, etc have 360's.

Without that, the only reason i would have to play consoles at all would be exclusives, and sports games (which i would play on 360 because prefer that controller).