Poll: What cell phone carrier do you use?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

middlehead

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2004
Currently on Verizon. I originally used Cellular One West, which was bought out by Alltel. I didn't switch because of any problems, it was just that a majority of my contacts were on Verizon.

dbk

Lifer
Apr 23, 2004
Verizon, although the other carriers have been catching up. I'm in VA. I've always wanted to try T-Mobile. MEH

sswingle

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2000
Originally posted by: keeleysam
Cingular. I've been a customer since they were Cellular One.

LOL. We've been Verizon customers since THEY were Cellular One

Ika

Lifer
Mar 22, 2006
Verizon, in Ohio. Testimonies of excellent service, and a good price on the phone.

Pikachu

Golden Member
Oct 10, 1999
I also went with VZW due to awesome coverage. I heard they had really poor CS in the past, but I can vouch for very good service these days. I've called them a few times for billing issues, or changing service, and ALWAYS got a knowledgeable rep. inside of a minute. They resolved all problems quickly, and keep documentation of those calls for future reference. Surprises me they ever had issues. :confused:

Beige

Jan 13, 2006
sprint has had the best signals compared to my other verizon and t-mobile phones. dunno about the rest...i went through trial and errror and i am finally happy with sprint.

Pikachu

Golden Member
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: Beige
sprint has had the best signals compared to my other verizon and t-mobile phones. dunno about the rest...i went through trial and errror and i am finally happy with sprint.
My dad couldn't keep a connection at his house, with the phone he got from a Verizon store. While I was at his house, I was able to hold a connection with two different Motorolas. He replaced his cheap ass LG with an E815 and is now in good shape. The phone used makes a BIG difference!

altonb1

Diamond Member
Feb 5, 2002
Verizon for my home cell, but Cingular for my work Blackberry. I could have gotten a verizon or Nextel Blackberry, but opted for Cingular so I could get the 8700c.

Eeezee

Diamond Member
Jul 23, 2005
I did the Sprint Recommendation plan on Hot Deals. For $37/month I have 500 anytime minutes with free nights/weekends, a nice flip phone and charger, and at the end of every month I have at least 100 minutes leftover. Yeah, that's pretty much the best deal I know of for someone like me who doesn't use the phone much.