POLL : Were you scared by Resident Evil the first time you played?

Sideswipe001

Golden Member
May 23, 2003
Zombie thread got me thinking about this.

I jumped about through the roof when the dogs came through the window. The RE series is the only survival-horror games I ever really got immersed in and enjoyed greatly.

azazyel

Diamond Member
Oct 6, 2000
No, but the first Silent Hill kinda got me. That part when you go into the room with all the phones...

yllus

Elite Member & Lifer
Aug 20, 2000
No, but the first Turok game on the N64...some levels are definitely not recommended for play in the nighttime. :p

skace

Lifer
Jan 23, 2001
The mirror in that small room? You get about halfway into the room and the mirror shatters and something comes through it. OH HELL YEA I JUMPED. My problem is that I get very relaxed while playing video games so any completely suprising thing will make me jump.

ndee

Lifer
Jul 18, 2000
man, my friend and I played that game during winter in the evening, alone in a dark room. When the dogs jumped out, we nearly pissed our pants.... one of the scariest games EVER

Heisenberg

Lifer
Dec 21, 2001
Yeah, that one was scary at times. The one that really scared the bejezus out of me was the "They Hunger" mod for Half-Life when I used to play it alone at night in my dorm room with the lights off.

ndee

Lifer
Jul 18, 2000
Originally posted by: skace
The mirror in that small room? You get about halfway into the room and the mirror shatters and something comes through it. OH HELL YEA I JUMPED. My problem is that I get very relaxed while playing video games so any completely suprising thing will make me jump.

exactly :D try plaing Hitman or Thief... biggest shockers EVER.

Ikonomi

Diamond Member
Dec 19, 2003
I've a huge new-school RE fan. I never played it until REbirth on the GameCube (I've always only had Nintendo systems, so not much opportunity to play the games). I've never been frightened by RE, but the dogs through the window were startling as hell, and the GC version has a great edge-of-your-seat quality, stemming from the resurrecting zombies and the general pacing of the game. Unfortunately, RE0 wasn't quite as thrilling, but fun nonetheless.

Probably the scariest game I've played was Metroid Prime, the Phazon Mines. Holy crap, I did that section at like 4 in the morning, and I was wired out of my brain. The invisible pirates were everywhere. :Q

Acanthus

Lifer
Aug 28, 2001
ostif.org
It was good but it wasnt immersive enough to make me jump i guess.

If they re-released them with more realistic graphics and dialogue itd prolly get me though.