Poll: Was Donald Trump ever fit to hold office of the President?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Was Donald Trump ever fit to hold office

• Yes - I'm unable to justify my answer

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Trump captured their imaginations as all con artists are wont to do. He's just been astoundingly good at it. Despite it all, he increased his vote total by 10M the second time around, purely by keeping the zone flooded with shit. Rivers of it. Do not ask me quite how that works. I just know that it obviously does, just not quite well enough for him to win a second term.

Reactions: DarthKyrie

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
Trump captured their imaginations as all con artists are wont to do. He's just been astoundingly good at it. Despite it all, he increased his vote total by 10M the second time around, purely by keeping the zone flooded with shit. Rivers of it. Do not ask me quite how that works. I just know that it obviously does, just not quite well enough for him to win a second term.
Because people like being shitheads more than you think. They like hating on Mexicans and brown people in general as rapists and criminals. They like hating on Muslims. The Evangelicals like hating on gays. And on and on. They are just bad hombres. Trumpists are the actual bad hombres just projecting their own defects onto others. Trump is special - he enables the Evil that already exists inside these bad hombres to reveal itself. That's all.

Be a student of history. Lots of terrible people. Trumpists are just the latest.

Last edited:

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
He’s an extreme narcissist which means he puts himself above everyone including the American people. It also means he surrounds himself with yes men and boot lickers, which when running a country is not smart as no one or ideology has all the right answers.

He has a history of using litigation to get out of paying his contractors, of which are typically on the smaller side for a business.

He’s been involved in multiple fraud cases including bribing an elected official in Florida, charity fraud, running a fake university, tax fraud and I’m sure more.

He has zero real policy proposals and flipped flopped on policy when convenient.

I’m sure I could go on but had any other presidential candidate had his track record they would have dropped out after the first scandal broke out.

SteveGrabowski

Diamond Member
Oct 20, 2014
I still remember talking to my mom's doctor a couple of weeks after the 2016 election and he thought Trump was maybe just talk and he was saying all that crazy stuff just to get elected. As soon as I mentioned the name Roy Cohn and that he was Trump's mentor all the color drained out of his face as he genuinely realized how truly fucked we were.

postmortemIA

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2006
For the first two weeks following his inauguration his net approval rate was positive. I'd say more people believed he's fit in that time frame.

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
Was he ever qualified? Of course not, and he's gone out of his way almost daily to prove it.

He is the worst person to occupy the White House, hands down, no contest. Trump belongs in his own category, as we've never had someone so extraordinarily unintelligent (good news Dubya!) who was also mentally ill and a Russian asset.

Millions of Americans now without jobs, boosting levels of food insecurity and soon homelessness, during a deadly pandemic oh and it's winter. Dumbfuck traitor is playing golf while trying to invalidate the clear will of voters, enriching himself by damaging our democracy. I dislike speaking in absolutes but if you don't think this guy is the worst then there is really something wrong you.

Last edited:

Mai72

Lifer
Sep 12, 2012
The only positive thing Trump has done is he hasn't gotten us into a war.

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
The only positive thing Trump has done is he hasn't gotten us into a war.

You need to up your standards for CiC.

His tacit approval of foreign dictators while shitting on and abandoning allies like the Kurds? Assassinating military leaders of countries we're not at war with? Outright threats of fire and fury when he felt slighted? Surprise unilateral pullouts with zero notice for allies from the child king of bad faith negotiating? He has gotten us into war, it just hasn't started yet. FWIW he got us into a war with covid, let an international crisis become a domestic emergency where 9/11 body counts happens daily. Still prefers to play golf rather than show up for the fight, I guess just Cadet Bonespurs showing Vietnam isn't the only thing he can run from.

Using the term 'positive' towards anything in the foreign policy record of the Trump admin is, quite frankly, pretty fucking baffling. He has asked his underlings for war on a few occasions IIRC, thankfully to be talked out of it. The credit you want to give should go elsewhere.

Last edited:

Indus

Diamond Member
May 11, 2002
No but that's exactly the problem most of us face sometimes in our lives.. a dumbass boss who you don't like being an employee of.

Most of the time you find yourself another job.

In this case.. you want to find another place but there isn't a place that isn't affected by his idiocy.

rommelrommel

Diamond Member
Dec 7, 2002
I don’t see much that I’d point to for justification on my “no” that hasn’t been covered.

The few things he’s done okay with would be keeping the USA out of new wars (although that has been a fault in terms of failure to support allies) and if you believe the US needs a military revamp to eventually address China, he has done well on that.

Most of anything decent in the last 4 years happened despite him.

Reactions: pmv

fleshconsumed

Diamond Member
Feb 21, 2002
No. Even before he took office. For one simple reason. He's a pathological narcissist and has been one his whole life. This is fundamentally incompatible with holding the highest job in the country that requires one to take care of others.

Reactions: pmv

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
List is quite extensive but all his actions after the election shows he doesn't give a shit about the country so that makes him unfit.