Poll: Was Donald Trump ever fit to hold office of the President?

Was Donald Trump ever fit to hold office

• Yes - I'm unable to justify my answer

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
He's almost gone but is still burning down the house as he leaves. Now that we've see Trump throughout his term and his actions as he leaves office here is the final question. Was he ever fit to hold office including but not limited to competence, work ethic, sense of duty, welfare of the country?

However you vote leave some justification at the door. Remember disagreement with policy is not the same as unfit for office. Qualified is not the same thing as fit. The only qualifications are >= 35 years old and a natural born citizen.

interchange

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
There are many gross deficiencies a person can have which are overcome by the ability to allow a network of capable individuals to compensate. Trump, however, has shown that anyone in his orbit who attempts to do a good job, even with the public agenda he supports, represents a threat to him. Trump is pathologically unable to allow that, and that appears evident by his long history of business practice and interpersonal relationships.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
No.
He got the job because Americans have weird standards and most of us are easily tricked thanks to a reliance on electronic media and lack of critical thinking. It was inevitable. In fact a great many sociologists and political analysts predicted the American people would eventually elect a complete moron. It makes sense he would at the very least be charismatic. He told 70 million people exactly what they wanted to hear and they bought it.

By the way thats also how he managed to be successful in business all those years.
Full of confidence, tell people what they want to hear, keep it until the job gets done, make off with the money, start all over again with a new group of investors. Its a solid formula.

And too many politicians follow the same formula. Tell your voting block anything to make them feel all warm and fuzzy, do what you want in office, find a way to spin it, keep feeding the constituents bullshit, get reelected. Over 90 percent of our congressmen are re-elected each time, the formula works.

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
Based on my years of working with, for and leading people in the workplace and the military, I'll just say that the military was very fortunate to not have Trump in their midst or his attempting to climb the corporate ladder of success.

I guarantee he would've either gotten people maimed, wounded, killed or fired/discharged for behavior unbecoming. He is that much of a corruptive influence on other people. He will, for his personal benefit, turn people against each other, destroy other people's reputations and cheat every which way he could to get one over on someone else to get ahead of them whether it be something as simple as cutting in line on up to getting someone killed that was preventing him from getting his way. He has no morals, ethics or religious grounding to restrain his vile character traits.

His only desire is for instant gratification and self-satisfaction whether it be (among other selfish things), sexual, profitable, spiteful or hateful. Anything that gets in the way of that will be bought, scammed and/or litigated out of his way.

He's just that kind of guy and he's got $millons$ and the support of 70+ million cult followers to force things his way.

edit - spl

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Trump is easily & beyond a doubt the greatest con artist America has ever produced. He messes with people's minds so bad that it's truly frightening. After four years of insane bullshit 10M more people voted for him than the first time. I shudder to think what he might have accomplished were he re-elected.

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
Trump is easily & beyond a doubt the greatest con artist America has ever produced. He messes with people's minds so bad that it's truly frightening. After four years of insane bullshit 10M more people voted for him than the first time. I shudder to think what he might have accomplished were he re-elected.

Trump is a good con man but I think it's more that people are that fucking dumb and full of bad evil thoughts that can be easily exploited more than he is a con man genius. Trump has revealed that tens of millions more Americans are just politically idiotic or politically corrupt than previously thought.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Trump is a good con man but I think it's more that people are that fucking dumb and full of bad evil thoughts that can be easily exploited more than he is a con man genius. Trump has revealed that tens of millions more Americans are just politically idiotic or politically corrupt than previously thought.

Their minds were muddled from decades of corrosive right wing culture war agitprop, 'tis true, but he exploits it in a unique & devastating way. He just does. It's a completely irrational & deeply emotional thing that defies comprehension by those of us relatively unaffected by it. He messes with our minds, too, just in a different way.

Nov 8, 2012
No? Why would you ask such a moronic question from a guy with zero skills related to the presidency.

Though one can argue of whom is prep'd to handle the presidency. The biggest problem is the presidency is just a game of picking butt-buddies for a huge cabinet slush fund. E.g. See Biden's cabinet picks.

• Haha
Reactions: Pohemi

Coalfax

Nov 22, 2002
The simpsons summed a lot of it up, but apparently that was the tip of the iceberg..

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
No? Why would you ask such a moronic question from a guy with zero skills related to the presidency.

Though one can argue of whom is prep'd to handle the presidency. The biggest problem is the presidency is just a game of picking butt-buddies for a huge cabinet slush fund. E.g. See Biden's cabinet picks.

Please go through Biden's cabinet picks and tell us why they are butt buddies for a slush fund.

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003
fuck no.

first, his terrible personality traits alone make him unfit for office. then you have the innumerable acts/claims during the campaign which, for any other candidate, would have been automatic disqualifiers such as:
1) grab 'em by the pvssy
2) russia if you're listening
3) i could shoot someone on 5th ave
4) mexican-american judge unfit to be a judge because trump is totally not a racist (TM)

i mean, you'd think an incoherent candidate who calls his competitors by childish nicknames and brags about the size of his d!ck would be something people would run away from ASAP. instead they embraced it.

it only went downhill from the election onwards.