Poll: Trump wants churches packed Easter Sunday. How many of you will take his advice?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Will you take Trump's advice and help pack the churches Easter Sunday?

• Yes. I believe our President and he thinks attending Easter services is a good for the country

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
this is a real winner, claims the coronavirus is god wrath
Somebody has to take up the Pat Robertson mantle. Oh, yea, he's still kicking. What, he hasn't weighed in on this stupidity? Probably realizes he wouldn't survive.

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
If Trump wants to encourage his fundie/boomer heavy supporters to risk contradicting a potentially fatal disease before the election, oh well. Just don't throw America in that briar patch there Donnie.

Dipshit is trying to sound religiously observant again, a common move by him whenever he's been repeatedly made to look like a fool. Reassuring his most steadfast block of support in turn reassures him, works better than hugging himself in a meeting full of those nasty questions.

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
Idaho is issuing a stay at home order. Idaho.

The idea that this thing will be over in a few weeks is a fantasy that plays to Trump's hatred of being cooped up and impatience for this severe inconvenience (for him) to be over. If he really wants out of the WH and not to do this job there is an option available to him.

Reactions: DarthKyrie

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004

The idea that this thing will be over in a few weeks is a fantasy that plays to Trump's hatred of being cooped up and impatience for this severe inconvenience (for him) to be over. If he really wants out of the WH and not to do this job there is an option available to him.

He should just buy one of those virtual reality golf games.

pete6032

Diamond Member
Dec 3, 2010
I wish a reporter during yesterday's press conference would have asked him what Easter signifies, and why he chose Easter Sunday instead of Good Friday. The simplest answer would be the truth, but he doesn't have a clue, so he would have had to lie and deflect.
Not sure I follow. What do you think he would have said?

MtnMan

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2004
Well well well, now doesn't this poll prove that the rabid trump supporters on here, are merely keyboard warriors without the guts to back up their words ... kinda like cadet bone spurs.

MtnMan

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2004
This is a true story that happened last Thursday.
My office has banned all face-to-face meetings to try to at least give some lip service to social distancing, but my manager decided last week that she just could not deal with not having her managers in the room with her when she gave then directives. She decided that it would be too noticeable that we were breaking the ban on meetings if we all went into a conference room so she ordered us to all come to her office for our weekly meeting. So, now a dozen people had to crowd into a room just big enough for a desk and 2 chairs for our meeting. Literally shoulder to shoulder.

Near the end of the meeting one of us asked her if she was not concerned that she would get the coronavirus holding meetings with all of us since she is in the 60ish age range, and each of us are team managers that have 21+ direct reports that we have to face-to-face with daily (no group meetings but our daily face-to-face counselling of our direct reports is still considered mandatory. No, it makes no sense. Welcome to how bureaucracy works.). Her response was to tell us that we didn't notice that she put a bible on her desk between us and her, and that it is scientifically proven that germs can't pass over a bible, so as long as we all stay on the other side of her desk she is protected.

She was not joking. She really believes that germs can't pass over a bible, and that this is scientifically proven.

Luckily starting this week we are closed by order of the City of Dallas.
Let's all guess who your idiot boss voted for

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
So she's "ok", but the rest of you are screwed...

Well, she has Donald Trump as an epic role model to emulate and another figment of her tainted imagination to put her blind faith trust in so I guess whomever she "helps" get infected can be attributed to a divine act aided and abetted by her very own interpretive version of the blessed messenger who became president and her personal god that put his trust in Trump to make America great again.

Mixing religion, racism and politics, especially so where Trump and the thoroughly corrupted Repubs in Congress are concerned is a major cause of why the Repub Party is in such a miserable reactionary driven state of affairs.

BonzaiDuck

Lifer
Jun 30, 2004
I'm a Catholic like Camille Paglia is a Catholic: the upbringing is part of my personal psychology whether I'm a believer or not.

However.

I wouldn't sit in the same church with a Trumper. I wouldn't give first aid to a Trumper -- they can burn and bleed on the highway. Don't blow that "do unto others" crap at me.

You cannot treat a vicious space alien the same as a human being.

But I'll follow the advice of Pope Francis, if I were otherwise inclined to go to church on Easter Sunday.

I wouldn't go to church on Easter Sunday, because the Pope thinks it's a bad idea, just as I think it's a bad idea.

And this is one case in which people should be arrested for "practicing their religion" -- when they're really just spreading a contagion on Sunday to infect the unsuspecting multitudes on Monday . . . .

BY THE WAY. I was once a scholar in the field of "English Literature" -- particularly that of the 17th and 18th centuries. Many of you who actually read books as children will remember "Robinson Crusoe".

It's author also published another important work, actually based on accounts he had from his uncle, who lived through the year of the plague in 1665:

A Journal of the Plague Year

For those who are "sheltering in place", ordering groceries through Insta-Cart and otherwise staying safe by a roaring fire with a nice comforter in your favorite chair or sofa, this should be great reading. You will notice, even in the first 20 pages or so, familiar patterns: the excruciating use of detailed statistics; government secrecy; rumors that spread almost like the contagion itself; concerns about business versus safety; crowds of people thronging the Mayor of London's office for "Health Certificates" in parallel to the clamor of many in the present day to be "tested" -- the list goes on and on.

I love it, to find great books available for free online. I say -- gobble it up while you can, for tomorrow, we may die!

Last edited:

VRAMdemon

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2012
Louisiana has the fastest growing Covid-19 infection rate IN THE WORLD. It might make sense when you read headlines like this:

Louisiana Pastor Brings 26 Busloads of Passengers Together for Sunday Services

The church paid for 26 buses to transport 1,825 attendees from all over Baton Rouge to gather for a massive outdoor service — no social distancing whatsoever.

In fact, witnesses report that parishioners gathered together in close groupings, touching and embracing each other. Nine people were baptized in water. Covered meals were served. Very few people wore protective masks or gloves.

Rodney Howard-Browne Used His Sunday Service to Spread Coronavirus Conspiracy Theories

• COVID-19 is a “phantom plague.”
  • It was created by the Chinese government to tank the U.S. economy.
  • The media is run by Communists.
  • There’s a 75% chance the positive test is negative.
  • Any vaccine will just be a Big Pharma scam.
  • The outbreak was “planned” at a 2019 event organized by the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation.
  • The “deep state” is feeding Donald Trump misinformation.
  • The World Health Organization is conducting “medical tyranny” by telling countries how they ought to respond.
  • Our government has deployed the military for a soon-to-happen war against our national enemies

Catholic Cardinal Burke says faithful should attend Mass despite coronavirus

“In considering what is needed to live, we must not forget that our first consideration is our relationship with God,” Burke wrote in a letter published on his website Saturday (March 21).

“That is why it is essential for us, at all times and above all in times of crisis, to have access to our churches and chapels, to the Sacraments, and to public devotions and prayers.”

Ugh!..Science hasn't got a prayer...

Religion is such a catastrophic mess.

BonzaiDuck

Lifer
Jun 30, 2004
Louisiana has the fastest growing Covid-19 infection rate IN THE WORLD. It might make sense when you read headlines like this:

Louisiana Pastor Brings 26 Busloads of Passengers Together for Sunday Services

Rodney Howard-Browne Used His Sunday Service to Spread Coronavirus Conspiracy Theories

• COVID-19 is a “phantom plague.”
  • It was created by the Chinese government to tank the U.S. economy.
  • The media is run by Communists.
  • There’s a 75% chance the positive test is negative.
  • Any vaccine will just be a Big Pharma scam.
  • The outbreak was “planned” at a 2019 event organized by the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation.
  • The “deep state” is feeding Donald Trump misinformation.
  • The World Health Organization is conducting “medical tyranny” by telling countries how they ought to respond.
  • Our government has deployed the military for a soon-to-happen war against our national enemies

Catholic Cardinal Burke says faithful should attend Mass despite coronavirus

Ugh!..Science hasn't got a prayer...

Religion is such a catastrophic mess.
It seems to me that the Good Cardinal worries about missed opportunities with the collection plate. "Relationship with God" -- it's personal whether you do it in the presence of others or not. And you can "attend Mass" by watching it on TV.

I don't hold to much of the superstition anymore, or the requirements guaranteed to add change to the collection plate. But I read Milton's "Paradise Lost", and I know Satan when I see him every day -- again -- on the Tee-Vee . . . .

You know, when you see how blind people are to the Virus-in-Chief, you can imagine what an advantage it might have been if the human race had evolved with the eyesight of moles. No conniptions over skin-color, hair, eyes, noses or lips.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Interesting play on Easter being on the last day of Passover. I'm sure the evangelicals are eating it up. Problem is that Trump isn't Moses.

esquared

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 8, 2000
I'm a Catholic like Camille Paglia is a Catholic: the upbringing is part of my personal psychology whether I'm a believer or not.

However.

I wouldn't sit in the same church with a Trumper. I wouldn't give first aid to a Trumper -- they can burn and bleed on the highway. Don't blow that "do unto others" crap at me.

You cannot treat a vicious space alien the same as a human being.

But I'll follow the advice of Pope Francis, if I were otherwise inclined to go to church on Easter Sunday.

I wouldn't go to church on Easter Sunday, because the Pope thinks it's a bad idea, just as I think it's a bad idea.

And this is one case in which people should be arrested for "practicing their religion" -- when they're really just spreading a contagion on Sunday to infect the unsuspecting multitudes on Monday . . . .

BY THE WAY. I was once a scholar in the field of "English Literature" -- particularly that of the 17th and 18th centuries. Many of you who actually read books as children will remember "Robinson Crusoe".

It's author also published another important work, actually based on accounts he had from his uncle, who lived through the year of the plague in 1665:

A Journal of the Plague Year

For those who are "sheltering in place", ordering groceries through Insta-Cart and otherwise staying safe by a roaring fire with a nice comforter in your favorite chair or sofa, this should be great reading. You will notice, even in the first 20 pages or so, familiar patterns: the excruciating use of detailed statistics; government secrecy; rumors that spread almost like the contagion itself; concerns about business versus safety; crowds of people thronging the Mayor of London's office for "Health Certificates" in parallel to the clamor of many in the present day to be "tested" -- the list goes on and on.

I love it, to find great books available for free online. I say -- gobble it up while you can, for tomorrow, we may die!
Thanks for the link. I found another one, that for me, has easier to read, text.
From the Gutenberg website.

Paratus

Lifer
Jun 4, 2004
This is a true story that happened last Thursday.
My office has banned all face-to-face meetings to try to at least give some lip service to social distancing, but my manager decided last week that she just could not deal with not having her managers in the room with her when she gave then directives. She decided that it would be too noticeable that we were breaking the ban on meetings if we all went into a conference room so she ordered us to all come to her office for our weekly meeting. So, now a dozen people had to crowd into a room just big enough for a desk and 2 chairs for our meeting. Literally shoulder to shoulder.

Near the end of the meeting one of us asked her if she was not concerned that she would get the coronavirus holding meetings with all of us since she is in the 60ish age range, and each of us are team managers that have 21+ direct reports that we have to face-to-face with daily (no group meetings but our daily face-to-face counselling of our direct reports is still considered mandatory. No, it makes no sense. Welcome to how bureaucracy works.). Her response was to tell us that we didn't notice that she put a bible on her desk between us and her, and that it is scientifically proven that germs can't pass over a bible, so as long as we all stay on the other side of her desk she is protected.

She was not joking. She really believes that germs can't pass over a bible, and that this is scientifically proven.

Luckily starting this week we are closed by order of the City of Dallas.
I’m thinking at least a quiet heads up to HR was in order.

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
I would make an appearance outside in a hazmat suit holding a sign telling people the end is near, go home or die.

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005

Shouldn't they be developing a vaccine from potatoes? I learned this is possible from playing Surviving Mars.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
When Trump said "Easter is important to me", I wish a reporter asked him, "Why?"

Methinks we would have gotten a "2 Corinthians" quote

ondma

Platinum Member
Mar 18, 2018
Obviously an absurd idea to lift restrictions that soon.

Actually a pretty shrewd move politically by Trump though. The states will handle keeping people isolated, while Trump is appealing to his base, the evangelicals, and conspiracy theorists. His mantra will be: "I tried to get the economy going, but those (governors, liberals, heathens, democrats, (insert whatever group Trump wants to bash at the time)) stopped me because of Fake News.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Obviously an absurd idea to lift restrictions that soon.

Actually a pretty shrewd move politically by Trump though. The states will handle keeping people isolated, while Trump is appealing to his base, the evangelicals, and conspiracy theorists. His mantra will be: "I tried to get the economy going, but those (governors, liberals, heathens, democrats, (insert whatever group Trump wants to bash at the time)) stopped me because of Fake News.
So it's politically shrewd to tell his followers "go to church" quicken the spread and kill off more of them? Clearly this guy can be trusted.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Hey Trump supporters, please take pictures Easter Sunday from inside your church of choice. Make people are in the shot so we can see your level of trust for President Trump.